Probably 70% of what I cut/burn each year is Red or Black Oak.And 100% of that is dead or almost. Still I never get tired of seeing it.Sure...
Don't always wear heavy leather gloves when using the saws or splitting wood,but always have them on when filing a chain.And especially when...
When I started using saws over 30 years ago none that I used had chain brakes.I was taught to always be aware of where that bar/chain was at at...
I never drop start this even if its warm (Fires 1 pull,is idling on 2nd thanks to new electronic module & recent carb kit) but set it on the...
[media] [media]
Finally cleaned up the mess yesterday shoveled the dirt that was in dump trailer into a pile &,roughed out a few Cherry blocks with the recently...
Its back......................:cool: :saw::whistle: Arrived earlier today,sounds/performs better than ever! Had nothing really big right now to...
Sounds about right. MyX25 was 42 & change with state tax at Walmart in May 2011.Bought the X27 from Blain's Farm & Fleet online in Dec 2013 for...
Last I remember Bailey's has an aftermarket 84cc big bore kit that bolts on exactly.If it was me I'd be getting that plus the high performance air...
One of the bad things about yardbirds. That Cherry I'm working on has most of the main trunk hollow,so far nothing but dirt/grubs/ants in it.
Just one that's in a Kansas City BBQ Society Cookbook that's over 25 yrs old.... Have used/thought up others but this is the one I seem to go...
A few more.....
Revised my estimate - Approximately 85-90% of the Cherry will be burned,but only 30% of the Walnut.Some of the walnut isn't quite as big,but...
Nothing special,just a simple dry rub that I use most of the time,smoked over a mix of Black Cherry,Apple & White Oak. Black Cherry soda too!
If I was closer would love to help ya out.
Its a constant battle - the artist in me is looking for how much raw material I can get for future woodcraft/cabinetry/woodturning projects,the...
I've noticed he's been real busy so far this Spring,compared to last couple years.About a dozen ads placed in past 3 weeks.3 or 4 Silver Maples &...
Cut up/split/stacked most all of the smallest stuff,quit for the night.About 2 wheelbarrow loads roughly.First thing tomorrow I'll be back at...
Seen his ad on CL about 2PM this afternoon,he placed it barely 30 minutes earlier. Said "Sure Jon,I'll bring ya some!" I figured he'd bring it...
I will have one of those someday.......