I gotta travel for Walmart and work, so it's give and take.
Thanks Dex. Its no golf course but I bought the land cheap and built the house myself. Po folks got po ways.
I have 4'-4" of .280 wall pipe for the smokebox and a 19" piece for the firebox. I worked on it for 4.5 hrs Fri and got the 4 end caps cut out of...
I wouldnt worry about 5-6 min of smoke.
Yeah, its hard to split and low BTU but its burns hot and fast after seasoning for a year. It also makes lots of fluffy ash.
2/3 of a cord. 100% wood heat.
You ARE cheating!:)
A couple of pics of the forks and some .280 wall 24" pipe that I just started a smoker project with. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
The CP was at 600 when I got up this morning. I reloaded on a big bed of coals, set the draft at 1.75 and went do do my morning routine ( shave...
Initial observations: I should have done this long ago. CP (cat probe) takes the guess work out of it. I haven't experimented with the lowest...
Todd, my initial observations with the probe: This morning I engaged the cat at 600F CP (cat probe), 275F STT (stove top temp). The CP gained 100F...
I see what I think is steam for the first ~30 min after cat engagement, flame or no flame. It is "clear" and disippates quickly. I don't think I...
First burn. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
The stone drilled like chalk with a DeWalt bit and cordless. The stainless heat shield was a little tougher. After using moderate pressure while...
[ATTACH]
Wow, my wife who usually rolls her eyes:rolleyes: At all things "woodbook" actually got a kick at your responses.
Easy, very clean install. Pics to follow......
So what is the CT when it is cherry red, less than 1470?
HF? I can probably afford that!
NG is cheaper in my area too, but it's only available in town.