In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Just beware that those winches can not be run constant; they will burn up fast. Short spurts then let them rest. Think of them like a starter on an engine. Be sure to read the manual.

2. Backwoods Savage

Praying for the best here. Hope you don't have damage.

3. Backwoods Savage

Had an experience yesterday. I made up my mind to finally buy a golf cart for use at home. Had talked to a dealer a couple times. Went there and first I thought I'd drive one or two again. Had to wait almost 10 minutes just to get a key. When I went back in, the lady who was behind the counter was on the phone but I could tell it was not a business call. I waited 15 minutes then started toward the door and heard her tell the person she'd call back. I spotted a catalog so looked at it and decided the lady just could not break away from the phone; it was more important than me. So, being a nice guy, I said nothing but just walked to the car and left. It makes me wonder how they stay in business.

4. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Long weekend looks like it will be rainy. We have had such a nice week of good weather. No matter. It is payday today and the end of the week.

5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

4 day weekend here...:p (unless I get called in) and no shortage of things to do here! I will be laboring for sure!
    I forgot to mention the other day I go to the gas station and when I went in to pay some jackwagon backed into my car and then just took off...I wouldn't have even known if the guy that was next to me hadn't said something! Not alot of damage to my car, just scuffed the front bumper and its just my old 01 Sable wotk car, but still! Whats wrong with people!? I thought about getting the license plate number from their video just because they hit n run...cops wouldnt do anything anyways since it wasn't on the road...grrr :mad:

6. ReelFaster

ReelFaster

Sorry to hear Brenn, some people are just all about themselves.

Same here, 4 day weekend and my last Friday of the summer am off. Was planning on having one last adventure with the family but my oldest isn't feeling well so am gonna hang back putz around the yard a bit. Have a new location am working on for the racks. One that will make unloading and splitting a bit easier. Right now my racks are like a jigsaw puzzle and difficult to get the lawn tractor in between them to load and unload. Have an awesome safe weekend hoarders......!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Backwoods Savage .. I bought one for my aunt's (both 70+) so they could get to their leanto 500 yards down trail in woods, outside of Woodstock, VT.
    Much easier to get two people to one place. I would recommend the gas Motors over the electric. The batteries in the electric are very expensive to replace if they die. Most of the gas Motors can be fixed or replaced with a lawn mower engine. I would recommend getting one with the top cuz you can always put the plexiglass in. Just so you don't need to have a place to store it undercover all the time.
    Yamaha 07 decent shape needed tune up and cleaning was about $800 here.. Wife says we need one for us,,

8. Horkn

Horkn

If you need a hand, lmk. Only partially kidding.

9. Horkn

Horkn

I've been trying to get my mom to buy a golf cart. She uses my Polaris sportsman for everything, and she's not nice to it. It actually makes me a bit mad that she puts more scratches on it than I do. She says " it's her legs". No, it's my ATV. She if she needs "legs", a golf cart would be perfect.

She says she's too young for a golf cart. I disagree. She's almost 75, and has some health issues, mostly with her legs. So yeah, a golf cart would be better for her than she thinks. My dad also used the sportsman a lot, prior to his passing. He had issues at the end with getting his leg over the seat. A side by side would've been ideal, or even a golf cart for most situations.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  10. Backwoods Savage

Yes, gas is what I want. Batteries are nice when they are new but... As for a place to store it, that is no problem here. But now I just have to figure out where to buy one.

11. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Work was unsurprisingly quiet today, so I finally was able to make a trip to pick up the last load of locust from earlier this summer.

The homeowner wasnt there. I'm guessing she was chasing sugar maple from WelderDave's property.

Chvymn99, NortheastAl, mat60 and 8 others like this.
  12. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Chvymn99, NortheastAl, mat60 and 7 others like this.
  13. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

A95CF1B0-9F5D-446A-9220-B21F8AE132ED.jpeg F616652C-CA08-430A-AD9C-4466E9B3EE2A.jpeg

My friend’s mower broke and he was borrowing one from another friend. That mower got sold. Needless to say it got a tad out of hand. I had nothing better to do today. Kubota powered Exmark to the rescue! Probably a foot tall.

14. rottiman

rottiman

"BOTA" power, over the top........................:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

15. lukem

lukem

Friday. Good.
    Not payday though. Bad.
    Cold beer. Good.
    Corn flies driving me crazy. Bad.
    Grill has chicken on it. Good.
    Have work bugging me still. Bad.

16. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Got 3 more pallets today, could only fit 2 in the car along with the boards of the other former pallets. Have to leave one at work till tuesday.

Got, oh I guess maybe 50 lbs? Of batteries, a pound or 2 of copper pipe, maybe a scrap or 2 of aluminum....should make a decent little visit to the scrap yard

17. bogieb

bogieb

:rofl: :lol:

Good thing you got it before the S-word shows!

18. Midwinter

Midwinter

IMG_20190830_2495.jpg

19. Horkn

Horkn

The wife and I are thinking about finally taking that road trip out to Maine and back. We'd take the two pups as well. Like shortly after Labor day.

I used to live in Maine, but haven't been back since 2001 or so. She's never been there.

20. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

That sounds good. I'd like to see Maine