In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wow, what a busy summer it has been......

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Scotty Overkill, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

I know I'm not the only one, but GEEEEESH....did summer ever fly by!

I haven't been here much since early spring, and for that I apologize. But it's been one thing after another after ANOTHER......mostly good things, too....

As many if you already know, my youngest son Dan (whom several of you have already met) was busy with his Eagle Scout project building a big pavilion. Well, that project was a huge success, and I'm here to tell you he finished it just in time before he aged-out, and he is officially an Eagle Scout! I can't begin to tell you all how proud his mom and I are of him!

20190428_175941.jpg

20190616_161753.jpg

20190616_161658.jpg

20190807_195800.jpg

He worked hard all summer, at his job AND with blacksmith and I, saving up all his money for college. He moved in to his dorm at Penn State University and is starting his studies tomorrow to become a mechanical engineer!!

FB_IMG_1566754616762.jpg

FB_IMG_1566754621740.jpg

Joe and I have been beyond busy as well. I finally broke down and bought not just a chipper, but also as of last week a stump grinder. Things are picking up, gearing towards an LLC.

20190708_193245-1.jpg

20190708_193227.jpg

20190817_151417.jpg

Amidst all of that I've been trying to prep to work on my stacks, these cooler nights are starting to set in, and I'm looking forward to that activity. I'm still over 6 years ahead on my stash, so no hurries there....lol

Heating season is right around the corner, I've got some big plans for this site as well as other areas, so stay tuned. Hope everyone had a great summer, please share your stories with me!

Scotty

Boogeyman, Snigg, jdude and 35 others like this.
  2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Wow, lots of good stuff happening for you and yours! :handshake:
    Good to see ya around...been wondering where ya been...and how that pizza oven is coming ;)
    The chipper has an old Wisconsin V4 in it? Kinda hard to tell for sure with all the shrouding...

3. Scotty Overkill

I miss ya buddy, are you gonna make it to Walts?

Yeah,it's an old VG4D, good old engine. That chipper, after some elbow grease, is perfect for my needs.. ..

The pizza oven? Well, let's just say with mother nature and her nonstop rain all spring and early summer, and all the circumstances surrounding our busy summer, it was put on hold. I plan on having the firebox for the fireplace done soon, as well as the hearth for the oven, before winter sets in.

4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Yup...and now that I know that it is the first weekend in October, instead of the second weekend, maybe I'll get to see you all! :rofl: :lol: ( walt posted a notice on the bulletin board recently)
    Those Wisconsins are tough buggers...only ever seen one that blew up...and it had suffered a lifetime of abuse!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  5. Chaz

Chaz

Nice to see you around Scotty.
    :yes:

Congrats to Dan.
    :thumbs:

I'm sure he'll do great in school as well.

6. HolsatiaRedneck

HolsatiaRedneck

Allright Scotty Overkill - enuff good reasons to be a proud daw. I really like the front bit with the boards.

blacksmith, Chaz, Eric VW and 8 others like this.
  7. hovlandhomestead

hovlandhomestead

In know what you mean about summer flying by. Years seem to go by like months after we reach a certain age. It makes one realize that we really don't have much time during on stay on earth to get many things of merit done. The time we have as parents is short.

It is a great accomplishment to have children that are set on a good trajectory into adulthood, such as yours are. It reflects well on their parents. You have earned the right to be proud!

blacksmith, Chaz, Eric VW and 9 others like this.
  8. rottiman

rottiman

Awesome job by your son for a well deserved Eagle Scout. Glad to hear he is now a Nittany Lion, wishing him all the success during his studies. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

blacksmith, Chaz, Eric VW and 7 others like this.
  9. Scotty Overkill

Thank you brother, he makes us proud daily...

The really nice thing about him being a Nittany Lion is we are only a half hour or so away from him, so he will be coming home every other weekend to spend time with us and help with tree stuff!

blacksmith, Chaz, Eric VW and 10 others like this.
  10. Locust Post

Locust Post

Good to see things are working well on the home front brother. Congrats to that fine young man and Mom & Dad as well.

blacksmith, Chaz, Eric VW and 6 others like this.
  11. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Summer has been crazy for us too. I kinda hope things slow down a bit. I'm too old to keep this up!:faint:

:rofl: :lol:

Congrats to Dan for making the Eagle Scout!

12. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Good to see ya around Scott. My son is 19 and almost finished with HACC welding program. Can't imagine he'll be living here next year at this time. Not looking forward to that, but such is life.

13. tree killer

tree killer

I know the feeling Scotty Overkill we are gone every weekend somewhere for softball. Daughter rostered this summer for college. Move in day was today, dropped her off and met up with her old coach who’s daughter is in the room directly above her. Good time in their lives but sad to see them go. Lots of friends just moved in the last few days. Rhode Island, Virginia, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Vermont. Last tournament was tough for the girls to say goodbye and I’m not too proud to say the parents felt it too.

14. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Congratulations to you and your son.

15. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Great to hear from you Scotty... :handshake: .... Congrats to Dan too! Thats a Big step to the journey of life....:yes: ... But yeah summer flew by.... Cant believe its almost Sept.

16. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Good to see that your son accomplished his goal. Kids grow up so fast, don't they. It has been a busy summer for us as well. My six weeks of holidays went by so fast.

17. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Scotty, we are proud of both you and Dan. For sure we wish Dan the very best at school. He'll do just fine.

Have you given any more thought to a splitting party?

Hope to see you at Walt's.

blacksmith, Chaz, Jack Straw and 7 others like this.
  18. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Congratulations to Dan, Scotty.
    Remind him when he's ready to put eagle scout on a resume.. many of the Headhunters I know automatically put those on top of the list. Great achievement.

19. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Congrats to Dan! All those merit badges make him look like a North Korean military officer.

20. Marvin

Marvin

Congrats to your son and to the proud parents! That is an impressive young man you've raised.

If he hasn't already, he definitely needs to experience a white out game before he graduates. It is absolutely the most impressive spectacle in college athletics (I may be a little biased :emb:)