In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Our house cost about that when it was built in ’59.

2. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

Florida sunlight kills tires quickly. The snowbirds that leave vehicles cover the tires with something and even elevate them on a board. Seems to help. My fried Greg takes his off his boat trailer and puts them inside. They stay like new.

3. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

That makes a lot of sense. Sun and heat are always tough on rubber.

4. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

So, we got the splitter to start yesterday after taking off the carb and spraying it out with BrakeKleen.

5. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Fix a flat and slime are not even in the same category!!! FAF sucks and is nasty and doesn't work. Slime actually works , it's got like little Kevlar or some kind of fibers that work into the hole and solidify in air and actually seal up holes semi permanently. Each time you roll it goes back over it. I have had it fix dry rotted tires that wouldn't hold air for a few hours that now last year's longer.

6. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Horkn boating in the 70s just makes me cold thinking about it!!

7. Horkn

Horkn

Sunny and 70 is really nice. We'll even go out after the leaves have fallen as long as it's sunny.

8. Horkn

Horkn

True. FAF is crap. Slime is the shiznit. I'd just never use it on a road going tire unless I absolutely had to.

9. Gasifier

Gasifier

Enjoyed another band with the family last night. Same town, at the Bass Masters Tournament. Had a lot of fun. There name is Six Foot Midget. VERY talented band. A few beers, some “dancing” :whistle:, and laughing went on. We all had a good time.

Now it’s time to get a few more things done today to help out getting ready for guest coming in. You hoarders have a great weekend!

10. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Absolutely! I grew up boating on the ocean. It didn't matter if it was 90 degrees at home, you always brought a sweatshirt with you.

I'm looking forward to fall boating. My dock will be the last one on the association beach to be pulled.

11. Sourwood

Sourwood

I hope to finally get my Massey going. Had it hauled to the dealer to remove a tapered pin holding in a bad power steering cylinder. I knew I would bust the cast metal. Got it t home to have the power steering pump go out. New arrived yesterday.

Hope to finally get my new 8 foot land pride mower to work on the pasture. Then use the tractor for wood cutting. Man a set of pallet forks is priceless.

bogieb, clemsonfor, Chaz and 10 others like this.
  12. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Nothing better than fall foliage from boat!! No Leaf peepers clogging up the roads:yes:

13. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

I think I’m going to use Slime in the future.

My son's wife drive a Chrysler Pacifica. She had a flat and he went to change the the tire for the spare, only there wasn’t one. They give you a pump that injects FAF into the tire then fills it up. Needless to say it didn’t work and it was only a small nail hole. They got the car home and he put a plug in it before all the air leaked out. That stuff is a mess like you said. Looks and smells like Elmer’s Glue, which is probably what it is.

Horkn, Gasifier, bogieb and 7 others like this.
  14. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

I used to be FILO when I had my boat on the Long Island Sound. I would stay in until October unless a hurricane was coming. The season was so short I would be painting antifoul on the hull in the morning before it was above freezing. We considered St. Paddy's day the official start to the season for a few of us nuts.

Horkn, Gasifier, bogieb and 10 others like this.
  15. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Well mother nature has told me no splitting today. After the brief shower I loaded back up and headed to the splitting area. Got all set to start and went to fire up the splitter. Turned on, check, chock on, check. Pull the starter cord 3 times and normally fires by now. Double checked everything is all good. Then I notice this
    20190817_122721.jpg

Tried to gently pull it out but wouldn't come. Chaz will have to get him out and he is at work on ot. I don't think it is will make it. Looks like a gardner snake.

16. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I hear you. My first wife and I were married in 1962. I bought a house before the wedding and it cost a whopping $6,000. Can you imagine anyone paying that ridiculous price? It was only 2 acres and the 2-car garage was not even attached to the 2 story house.

NortheastAl, Horkn, Gasifier and 10 others like this.
  17. lukem

lukem

Finally got around to putting new brakes on the truck today. The old ones weren't as bad as I thought but I swapped them anyway. Should be good for another 5 years or more.

NortheastAl, Horkn, Gasifier and 8 others like this.
  18. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

NortheastAl, Horkn, Gasifier and 10 others like this.
  19. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Was cleaning up around the house... got a little bit done... then the sun came back out... and now it’s getting humid with the rain this morning... can’t wait for the highs in the 60’s & 70’s come back...

20. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

I I have often thought about this as my grandparents home they bought for $5,000 in 1945 and sold in 2009 for 400000. A wise older man looked at me and said the price of a house is generally 2.5 to 3.5 the annual median household income:sherlock: