In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Well artc picks on us
    cuase no date, But I crop it out(cropping makes the fishes look bigger....... :whistle: ..... ) anyway even though its on! :(

Lots a lil ones here and there. A few good ones mixed in. With all the rain they all be chunky. Might go out again tomorrow depending on weather?? I'll take the camera and post if we get some decent ones.
    IMG_1188a.jpg IMG_1177.JPG

savemoney, subsailor, bogieb and 4 others like this.
  2. Earl764

Earl764

What’s the fish in the second photo?

3. badbob

badbob

It is of the pike family,probably a pickeral as where he lives.

4. badbob

badbob

Sorry,been away,and back, and busy, and drinking a bit.With a small but steady income coming in, I have been attempting to repair vehicles that have been neglected for about 6 years, in between all the rain,snow and hail we have been getting.So far a wet spring/summer in our part of the state. The grass I have not cut(high altitude wild wheat), is 4 foot tall, havent seen that in quite a few years,lol. Got about 30 pages of catch up reading to do,will not happen tonight,nor tomorrow,probably. Chemical shipment came in mail today,will probably spray noxious and invasive weeds tomorrow,again.If we,up here in the mountains,do not spray,the county fines us.

5. badbob

badbob

So,I think I had replied I picked up the "box" for my homemade hopper extension,and the internal pieces,and mis. metal. Well, I decided to use a 25pdvc lid,as my outer dimensions are the same as the aftermarket "1500" sq ft hopper extension.Ordered lid direct from Englander.Came in. Well shipped,well packaged.It is made from heavy metal(nice).Both latches were installed backwards.? 1 lock washer missing from one latch. The whole lid is almost 3/8" bowed,down in the center,measured from the top. The hinge,which is spot welded to the inside,is drawn away for about 1/3 to 1/2 of the length of the lid.All this pertains to making the gasket seal. I am starting to lose faith in Englanders products. I may have been better off to have my metal fabrication guy build one from scratch.Oh well,will call Englander tomorrow,and see what they say.They possibly might make these this way, because people over tighten the latches,so might be intentional,but does not explain the poor welding of the hinges,where the gasket can only compress so much.We shall see.

6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

21 years at my last home I kept the noxious weed bane at bay by pulling by hand, first couple years was a lot of work then easy the following decade or two. We visited that home the summer before this (or two summers?) and it was out of control. The new owner can and will get fined for the county to come in and spray if they did not get a handle on it, nor do the neighbors appreciate the weeds going to seed. There it was leafy spurge, yellow bloom. Here there are none that are regulated or checked on though I cannot stand the smell of the blue mustard weed growing here. Monsoons have been crazy this year, maybe I can spray again after kiddo goes back to school if it dries out here.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  7. badbob

badbob

I understand,somewhat.Here is leafy spurge is one of our issues,knapweed is the other one.but we do have our share of Canadian thistle.I have sprayed the "heck" out of my property, for many years,last year I was lax, money was tight.My neighbor lady(very old, but drives the road every day) notified me of two huge invasive weed patches,guess what, they are not on my property!She has only lived up here 15 years, and does not understand the property lines.Will be calling the county soon,to knock it down before it spreads

8. BHags

BHags

I hate catching pickerel! They put up a nice fight, but they're slimy, usually dump in your hand, and then there's the teeth....

9. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

We have Scotch broom (Nasty woody bush that spreads...has yellow flowers and black seed pods)

Black berries are the other nuisance around here.

Birds spread the seeds and they love to sit on gutters and poop...then more berry vines grow

IHATEPROPANE, wildwest and bogieb like this.
  10. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

Or.... you can do it this way..

Dan

bass2.JPG

IHATEPROPANE, wildwest, artc and 4 others like this.
  11. subsailor

subsailor

A lot of the lakes up here have been overrun with Northern Pike. They make a pickerel look like a minnow.

IHATEPROPANE, wildwest, BHags and 2 others like this.
  12. BHags

BHags

So I found a new pellet supplier yesterday. I have three options in my area, not counting big box stores. (screw them). One is the place I have used for years, one town away. One is a hardware store right around the corner. Then I found a garden center two towns away. My old place had logic-e 1.1 ton pallets for $307, plus $65 for delivery, and I had to buy three pallets. The hardware store was also $300, plus $50 delivery, three pallet minimum. Then I find the garden center, $297 a pallet, $40 delivery, and they came out with one pallet, the day after I ordered. They also sell stoves. I know who's getting all my business now!

13. Earl764

Earl764

Need to place my own order. Hope to do that next week. Can smell autumn approaching.

IHATEPROPANE, Ssyko, imacman and 4 others like this.
  14. artc

artc

I'll take it!

15. PelletHound

PelletHound

Hello all.Is summer over yet?:emb:Been thinking about pellets lately so I ordered 3 tons of North Country.They seem to be well thought of around here so I'll give them a go.Lacrete's are very expensive this year as well as energex softwood so I went with the North Country.$279. a ton.What do you all think?:makeitrain"

16. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It ain't even fall yet! To much :seasoned: and :grizz: to due just yet!! :coldone:

But, I've got my stash ordered too........... :emb:

imacman, gbreda, bogieb and 3 others like this.
  17. BHags

BHags

pretty sure they deliver in conn.

imacman, bogieb and wildwest like this.
  18. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

Decent pellet...
    :yes:

Dan

19. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Over the years the only real differences I have found in the various brands is the amount of CLINKER that forms when burning some of the cheaper stuff...

Some pellets seem to heat slightly better than others, but that might be a factor of the particular stove too ??????

20. savemoney

savemoney

????????? That sounds.......odd. Unless you are getting ready for a government audit. David, if you have Spectrum for your phone. ($10/month) they have a robo screener that screens out most of them so your phone doesn't ring. You'll see them pop up on your TV but not ring on the phone. The government doesn't make telephone calls unless you called them first. Even the scammers using local numbers are screened out.