The first of my 8 grandchildren got married yesterday. A beautiful wedding. The backdrop was a gazebo in the commons. This is an old park in town with churches and old homes surrounding it. There the wedding party all lined up on the steps. The wedding started and then came the thunder and rain. The rain lasted just long enough for the ceremony to be completed! Folks got "damp" but they all stood fast. The thunder was in a distance. But then the sun came out very bright and the air was cooler and dryer. Then on to the festivities at the American Legion Hall Makes me feel older having married grandchildren. These newly weds are both employed at Bath Shipyard (BIW). My granddaughter is a pipefitter.
Fantastic story and share Larry! Glad all went well Sir! Congrats to the newly weds and y’all’s families!
Well, I have told that I am old, but I deal with what I can when I can. Your profile says you have been married 40 years. We will have been married 50 years this Oct. I have sagging bags under my eyes. white hair very thin on top. Messed up hearing and vision. My so called golden years.
My folks will pass that milestone this September. My dad has similar characteristics. And you’re both Vietnam vets.
My wife and I passed our 50 year mark last December. We have also learned that the golden years contain a lot of rust
Congratulations. Some don't live long enough to reach that, and some don't work on it long enough. Yes, indeed they do. Arthritis being one that has taken me to using a cane and not able to walk on uneven ground or for any distance. The only thing that hasn't backed off is the appetite.
Nice that the weather held out. Went to my little sister's oldest son's wedding in Richmond,Va. last weekend. Amtrak down on Friday, back on Sunday. Used Uber for the first time too to get from the train station/hotel/their house. Was a great weekend.
Geeze, all this talk about how long people have been married makes me wonder if there is anyone on the forum married longer than my wife and I. We celebrated 57 years almost 2 months ago. Congratulations Larry.