In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Horkn

Horkn

I was going to chime in about it being basswood. It sure looks basswoody.

2. Gasifier

Gasifier

Thanks for the information. I’ll check it out when I get a chance.

So the book I’m using is this... 6563EFD8-81EE-4CAE-9E4B-0286029B1808.jpeg

But if you look at the leaves AND the bark I’m still not certain which one it is! LOL Two or three trees leaves are very similar to my trees leaves. Especially the Linden. But the bark .....? And bark can change with time.

Birds are easier. And I use this for birds. Bought the two of them after I bought the land. 7CD865E5-5790-4737-8B8D-C7D5DB895942.jpeg

3. Gasifier

Gasifier

:picard:That’s the other line it could be. :doh: But I don’t think it is the one. It’s a beautiful tree. I’m hoping it does very well. The Black Cherry and it are kinda close together, but hopefully they both have enough room.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

How is Mrs. NortheastAl ?

Awesome books! I had a Sibley's bird guide out all the time at my previous home, fun stuff! Sorry cannot help more on the tree's, so many more trees out there than I knew of and many tree names out there are a totally different tree called the same name here.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  5. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

She’s doing well, WW. She’s able to eat anything she wants without any pain. Thanks for asking.

6. bogieb

bogieb

Sure thing, I'll show you the secret handshake once you've been pledged :D

7. fishingpol

fishingpol

Yesterday was fiddling with the pellet burner outside and getting the crazy looks from the Mrs. It was nice enough outside to move some branches and mow the edge of the woods. Our neighbors stopped over for a bit to chat. We went over property lines, chickens, dogs, etc. I gave the husband a tour of the barn and he was very impressed with it, and he saw so much potential in it.

Here is before. Not a huge area, but cleaned up it looks nice. There was a lot of poison ivy there.

20190804_143956.jpg

After. The sugar maple branch will need to be cut up and put in the stacks. I have some shade grass seed that would do well here.

20190804_192309.jpg

Strung up some lights in the barn.

20190804_192237.jpg

Id'd the little wood frog after taking some pics.
    20190804_145100.jpg

Tree frog taking up residence in a bird box. That bird box is just a cemetery flower box modified up with a slant roof and the front panel comes off for cleaning every spring. Good size for chickadees. I put it up too late. It will go on a post in the spring with a snake guard around it.

20190804_123928.jpg

8. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Its amazing how fast the water temps are dropping in the pond now that it's getting colder at night. Last weekend it was nice and warm, and you could spend an hour or more in there. Not so much now.

9. Midwinter

Midwinter

Our pool's water temp hit 80° for one day, during the last heat wave. It's down to 74° now. The beginning of the end.

10. Midwinter

Midwinter

That frog is so cute!

11. Gasifier

Gasifier

Good morning firewood hoarders. There won’t be much going on for me today besides the enjoyment center. We had a great weekend with the family and I did manage to get a few small projects completed in the mornings and yesterday after the visitors hit the road. Cutting some grass and finishing up some trimming and thinning on the new pasture went well. Now I have to get the mess I made to the piles so I can use the York Rake with the tractor again. Then it should be time for grass seed. Hopefully get that spread by the end of the week. Have a good one today and be sure to have some kind of fun.

12. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Absolutely. First time I'll be sad to see summer go in along time.

13. Midwinter

Midwinter

oOufv8N.png

14. papadave

papadave

The SS 2Liter

15. Horkn

Horkn

Can it cap-size ? ;)

16. papadave

papadave

Dad jokes. :rofl: :lol:

17. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

I am on slow mode right now. Working on starting to get things done for short vacation. Sneaking in for my sons 40th birthday party. Had running around this morning. Take recycled in. Stop to pick up new mouse since mine died. Ran to grocery store. Contacted a few pet groomers and found one that can get Holly in tomorrow morning for a bath and nail trim. So tomorrow I start packing.
    Feel bad for Chaz as last week he got dumped on to get work completed before we leave. He worked 10s all last week and Saturday he got about 5 in till holly misbehaved. Probably do 10s today and tomorrow. Not sure on Wednesday yet. He was hoping to get all off but might have to work half a day.

18. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

After the groomer I’d stop and get Holly a chicken flavored chew toy.

19. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

20. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

God Bless America! I just talked to a nice lady in customer service. Large family, her and her siblings names are AMAZING! There were more but here are the ones I remember : Liberty, Noble, Cherish, Royal, Justice, Jubilee.

We got the truck into the shop this morning, no diagnosis yet but the lady said it was having troubles when took it out of the bay to park it in the garage. I half feared we'd gone to all this trouble and it would check out fine with the mechanics and it would come home again (as is the case with this particular problem several times since 2011 when it became my main vehicle). I thought I felt hesitation and trying to stall on our dirt road but between the rocks and ruts I was not certain, the service writer confirmed it, she was on smooth asphalt. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Far out, monsoons in Aug, and heavier than I've seen up here.

:rofl: :lol: Hey if you make it north a bit maybe we could do lunch? Are you two flying?