In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Swapping ATV tires

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by Beetle-Kill, Aug 2, 2019.

  1. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    How much of a pain is it? Should I just save myself some grief and find a shop that can do that? Thanks, I have new Kendo steer tires ready to go.
     
    Chaz and wildwest like this.
  2. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,743
    Likes Received:
    61,993
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    I plan to take mine to my friend/mechanic and he'll swap both rears for $10.

    At that price, it's not worth my hassle.
     
    Chvymn99, wildwest and Beetle-Kill like this.
  3. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,743
    Likes Received:
    61,993
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    BTW.. any pics of the boots/sneakers?
    :binoculars:

    Just got some Kenda Bearclaws myself.

    It'll be a huge improvement on traction.
    :dex:

    IMG_20190729_195518804.jpg
     
    Chvymn99, wildwest and Beetle-Kill like this.
  4. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Yup, same tires I just picked up. My existing fronts are as worn as your rears, doesn't do much good in snow. Luckily, my rears are good (I have 4 of them- Polaris 6x6).
    Now, to get them on....
     
    Chaz, Chvymn99 and wildwest like this.