In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

2. Horkn

Horkn

Not reviews. Lol

Mine went fine, I just hate them, especially when the boss rescheduled my 9am meeting to 4-4:30. And they never take only 30 minutes. So I got home later than normal, with a nearly 10hr day at work, then grilled chicken which was 35 minutes.

It could've been worse, it's not like we were leaving town right after work. Plus,my wife made me an awesome baked peach, oat crumble dessert with vanilla ice cream.

papadave, NortheastAl, Chaz and 12 others like this.
  3. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Did you know that was coming? I would have been distracted all day long...bombed my review! :rofl: :lol:

4. Horkn

Horkn

No, I didn't. My wife just knows what that would make me happy.

Imagine this though.

" Ok now, I know we're not done with this "thing" but my wife made me an awesome dessert I can't miss. Dueces!!!"

Lol

5. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

- "Frau Blucher !"

...can I get a " neigghhhh !!"

sorry, have been on bear-watch, I'll try to keep up. :confused:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  6. Midwinter

Midwinter

Very nice looking stacks, way to do it!

Chvymn99, NortheastAl, bogieb and 9 others like this.
  7. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

Good morning hoarders!

8. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Yup. Typically when we buy a new car we keep it over 10 years and over 100,000 then sell it. Usually we don't have to make repairs other then buying some tires and regular maintenance. It works for us.

Chvymn99, NortheastAl, Horkn and 9 others like this.
  9. Backwoods Savage

Yeah. I really got disgusted with it when a couple times I had to call a neighbor to come and start an engine that has recoil starting. That hurt...

Chvymn99, NortheastAl, Horkn and 10 others like this.
  10. Backwoods Savage

Another beautiful day here.

Checked on food plot yesterday and the radishes we planted are up! Deer are loving the clover I planted back in June.

Chvymn99, NortheastAl, Horkn and 9 others like this.
  11. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

X2

Chvymn99, NortheastAl, Horkn and 7 others like this.
  12. lukem

lukem

Truck is due for new brakes....pedal is a little squishy and getting some vibration. I replaced them about 70K ago, so I figure they don't owe many anything. AutoZone has a pretty good deal going right now that if you buy 2 rotors they give you pads, 20% off online, and free next day shipping to home. They probably lost money on me on the freight alone.

Gonna need new tires here soon too.....they've got 65K on them too....don't owe me anything either.

:makeitrain"

13. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Just did the wife's on the Sequoia. New rotors and pads from Rock Auto. Best deal after shopping all over. Raybestos pads and rotors . Ceramic pads like OE.

They eat up brakes I am learning. Everyone on the forums I searched said the same. I tow the tractor and trailers and the 24ft toon back n forth to the lake in the summer . I got 56k out of the fronts. And I seemed to be on the upper end of the range people were quoting. Sure some got 70k or so but considering i do tow I don't think it's bad.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

14. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Thankfully the humidity blew out of here today. I think I may go out for a boat cruise in a bit.

Finally bought a trailer for the boat today. Now I can finally get the first oil change done. One hell of an expensive oil change!

Chvymn99, NortheastAl, Horkn and 7 others like this.
  15. Backwoods Savage

Stacked a little more wood today but not a lot and no. I did not take any pictures so you just have to take my word for it. It has been really nice for working the last 2 days as we have not even seen 80 degrees. Love it. Mid 50's at night helps a lot too.

As I was stacking wood it suddenly dawned on me. Many, many moon ago, in fact it was in 1947 that I came down with that dreaded disease of polio. Woke up one morning and could not move. I was one scared little boy for sure. I was sleeping upstairs in the old house and my brothers and sister were downstairs while my mother was at a neighbor's washing clothes because our well was not too good and not enough to do laundry.

But when I woke up I could hear my brothers and sister downstairs. I tried to call to them but could not even do that. I don't remember how long it took but I somehow finally got so I could use my arms a little bit and was able to somehow roll off the bed. Of course my brothers and sister immediately started laughing because Denny fell out of bed. They came running upstairs and laughing all the way but suddenly they realized something bad was wrong. My sister was the oldest and she told my oldest brother to run to the neighbors and get our mother. The next thing I remember was my father having to carry me to the car and then in to the doctor's office and then into the hospital. And the worst thing I remember at the hospital were those danged hot packs, which were nothing but sheepskins that they boiled in water then put onto my body. I can remember crying and begging them to not do it but I was too paralyzed to even fight; all I could do was cry and yell. I'm sure they got tired of it as there were 3 of us in that room all doing the same thing. Bad memories for sure. But the good memory is when I was finally able to take a step on my own again and by the grace of God, I am still able.

16. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Through the eyes of a child, amazing to hear Dennis. Though we know you had Polio I didn't realize you were only 3 going on 4 years old :confused: Curious how vivid memories come to us, well, me anyway. How frightening for small child, I'm sorry.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  17. Chaz

Chaz

Get to watch my local mechanic race in the truck race at Eldora speedway tonight.
    :dex:

Unfortunately, it's unlikely he'll win, but cool that he made the show.
    :yes:

Have known him since school days, and have watched him run the local dirt tracks.

Haven't been to the tracks in years now.
    :confused:

18. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

Name? I like a good underdog.

19. Chaz

Chaz

Jr. Peters
    He's driving #74 tonight.

Not his equipment, he's being sponsored.

He also works in the pits for some of the Nascar drivers.

Edit.. race s on Fox sports 1

20. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

Sweet!