In this version they were drinking all afternoon at the bar and probably should not have been driving, but being tested two hours later is nuts. Nanaimo woman wins legal fight over police allegations of drinking and driving Law Enforcement may not have field test kits yet for pot and coke but they are supposedly working on them. They can still make you take a physical field sobriety test to assess impairment. The rules for all drugs and driving are supposed to be the same but who gets tested for pain meds and benzos ? Too many things can affect judgement and reaction times. Too many drivers out there that probably shouldn't be.
I don't think "anonymous complaints" should hold much merit. Too easy for someone with an axe to grind, to cause trouble for someone. Just my opinion.
I don't see that bill? 'It was Saturday, April 13, and the Nanaimo woman had travelled to Maple Ridge for a medical appointment. When the appointment was over, Lowrie and her boyfriend went to a local pub. Each had a drink and some appetizers.' Then the call came from whoever? 'The officers told Lowrie they had received an anonymous complaint that she had consumed “multiple alcoholic beverages” before getting into a pickup'
I realize this is a Canadian issue, and I don't know what rights are codified there by any stretch of the imagination. But, I do know that "anonymous complaints or informants" are often used here in the states, which Edit: seems like something that should be deemed unconstitutional. But, I'm no lawyer, so there's that.
Only by the color of their "turbins" Loon..................... Walked into the men's room at the truck stop just down the road the other morning and their was one of them with a bright orange "turbin" who had kicked his sandals off and was washing his feet in the sink. Bout' likes of upchucked my coffee all over the floor. Another proud Trudeau supporter just doin' his thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not as bad as a place my buddy worked at. Said he was in the men's room and heard the toilet in the one stall flushing multiple times. The door was open and he looked in and a guy with a turban was washing his feet.
Multiple times as he had a lot to wash. Wuḍūʾ (Arabic: الوضوء al-wuḍūʼ [wʊˈdˤuːʔ]) is the Islamic procedure for wiping parts of the body, a type of ritual purification, or ablution. Wudu involves washing the hands, mouth, nostrils, arms, head and feet with water
Hum... I wonder where that water comes from? But geeze, most everyone washes the body daily but it is not a ritual. Just common sense. However, I don't remember the last time I washed my nostrils.