In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Early Bird Gets the Worm..........

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by rottiman, Jul 15, 2019.

1. rottiman

rottiman

Decided to start moving some wood to the home shed at the Ponderosa from the processing area. Wanna get my wood duties caught up early so I don't miss the awesome small mouth fishing come September. Built some 18" racks on the flat deck earlier this month. 13' x 7' x 1.5 allows me to truck a cord at a time. Works for sure. I figure three more cords ought to take care of the shed for the next 3 years. IMG_6712.JPG IMG_6713.JPG

Woodwidow, Chris F, Thor and 12 others like this.
  2. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Looking good rottiman.

Midwinter, Chvymn99, Chaz and 4 others like this.
  3. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Perfect you only have to bend up to pick it up off the ground once:yes:

Midwinter, Chvymn99, Chaz and 5 others like this.
  4. savemoney

savemoney

Looks like back breaking sweat work to me. But if it is your thing, go for it. Did you also harvest the trees for this wood? I"ve been there, done that, but that was when I was younger and not broken, or fat as a pig.

Midwinter, Chvymn99, Chaz and 3 others like this.
  5. rottiman

rottiman

No sweat, loaded it when it was in the 50's this a.m. Will start unloading tomorrow morning before the heat build up. I'll just pull the tractor up to the side, load the bucket and drive into the shed to transfer from the bucket right to the row. I've got lots of pains and problems but find if I work thru them in a slow and controlled manor I can keep somewhat flexible. If I just sit and think about filling the shed, I seize up and can't move. Sort of like a bit of " no pain...no gain" sports mentality I had when I was young and foolish. Tree harvest days are over for me as well, now I just work off of a pre assembled log pile.

6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Nice rotti. I have considered moving the wood to the shed for next winter. I usually do that in October but that is hunting season and this year I'd like to get it done early. If I can find some days that are not too hot...

7. rottiman

rottiman

Well, shed is now full. 18 rows which equals 12.3 cord. Should be good for almost 3 years. Feels good to be caught up.

Chvymn99, thewoodlands, Chaz and 3 others like this.