I wanna say sassafras but the leaf dont look right unless thats what they are early season before fully grown
Yeah greenish. And that smell is kinda citrusy. First time i have come accross this flavor tree in my woods.
Sassafras will have multiple shapes of leaves on the same branch. Orange bark is a dead ringer for sassafra.
I just now saw the text in your original post. Yep, the scent says it all...nothing quite like it. Except for Hall's Mentho-Lyptus.
Thanks guys. I think i have burned some. Pops a bit right? Will probably use it for campfire wood as i use only dense woods for my boiler.
Sure does pop. I figure it will stir up a lot of ash dust and clog my cat so I don't burn it. I have been using dead trunks to hold my pallets up off the ground, since it's supposed to be rot-resistant...