In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hyway piston kit dilemma

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by buckman84, Jun 22, 2019.

  1. buckman84

    buckman84

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2016
    Messages:
    124
    Likes Received:
    581
    Location:
    North carolina
    Ordered a Hyway piston kit for a ms391 I've had laying around and it finally showed up today. There was no wrist pin bearing showed on the image when I ordered so I assumed that the old bearing would fit. Wrong! Diameter of pin is larger so now I have to try to track down a bearing that will work. Has anybody had this type of experience with these pistons? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
     
    Chaz, M2theB and amateur cutter like this.
  2. huskihl

    huskihl

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2016
    Messages:
    3,719
    Likes Received:
    21,422
    Location:
    Michigan
    Something doesnt sound quite right, although it's possible they shipped the wrong wrist pin
     
    Chaz, M2theB and amateur cutter like this.