In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Double duty log arch

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by jo191145, Jun 4, 2019.

  1. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,233
    Likes Received:
    50,427
    Location:
    Ct
    060BE92E-8041-4564-BB66-81A98A5029E3.jpeg Sister got stone removal in her head again. Told her there’s a reason they’ve been in the yard since the 1700’s
    Oh well, sometimes it’s easier to keep the peace if you just acquiesce. Moved a bunch of flat ones too for a driveway border at her house. I press the button. She does the shoveling. I can live with that.
     
    Boogeyman, Hammy, WoodPirate and 19 others like this.
  2. Mag Craft

    Mag Craft

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2014
    Messages:
    4,802
    Likes Received:
    27,736
    Location:
    South East Wyoming
    Yep that is a big stone. What is the other end of the arch attached to. Pickup.
     
    Hammy, Screwloose, Barcroftb and 7 others like this.
  3. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,233
    Likes Received:
    50,427
    Location:
    Ct
    ATV. The beauty of a log arch is all the weight is centered over its own tires. You could pick that tongue up by hand and roll it around providing it’s fairly even ground. Not that I’d want to though LOL A lawn tractor would pull it easy enough.
    Only negative is really big long logs and backing up. I’ve raised the rear of the atv trying to back an unwanted tree into its forest grave.
     
    Hammy, triptester, Screwloose and 6 others like this.
  4. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,997
    Likes Received:
    48,771
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    Nice! Mechanical advantage sure saves a lot of misery & money.
     
  5. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Agreed :handshake:
     
  6. Barcroftb

    Barcroftb

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2015
    Messages:
    3,160
    Likes Received:
    18,626
    Location:
    The Mitten
    At first glance on my tiny phone screen, I thought that's a funny place to keep their microwave. :rofl: :lol: Then I zoomed in and realized it was your battery box.

    Way to giterdone!
     
  7. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,233
    Likes Received:
    50,427
    Location:
    Ct
    That’s funny. I can see it though. Almost does look like a microwave with a quick glance.
    It was a quick down and dirty install. It’s wired with quick connects so I can use it on the ATV winch when that gets double duty as a lift for the logsplitter. So instead of a tray I wanted a quick slide out for easy swaps.
     
  8. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,632
    Likes Received:
    33,293
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    And doctor visits when you try a little to hard.
     
  9. MAF143

    MAF143

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2018
    Messages:
    1,731
    Likes Received:
    12,204
    Location:
    North Central OH
    :headbang: And my wife is wanting me to bring big rocks INTO our yard... :picard: When I was a kid, my dad had just built our house in a 6 acre plot of woods and I don't know how many 8' x 12' x 6' deep holes he had me dig with a spade and shovel to bury rocks. I sware there were as many rocks as there were trees... My brother and I got pretty good at moving dirt manually.