In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. bogieb

bogieb

I have a cheap little Cannon PowerShot SX400IS that I got 3-4 years ago. I specifically like this camera because it has a macro setting for those closeups of bugs on flowers. It also has a pretty amazing zoom for what the camera is.

2. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Got more work done on the Panel for the P2

Laid out the location of all the internal components, drilled the mounting holes and fastened everything into the cabinet.

The panel box bolts to the bracket and then all the holes go through both pices of metal.

Drill the box, debur the holes, mount box the to the bracket, drill all the holes for the parts through the bracket, remove the bracket and debur all the holes.

Assemble the box to the bracket and then mount the components.
    A shot of the back showing all the nuts holding the components in the panel.

Now it's time to wire it all up... :yes:

Attached Files:

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb, ivanhoe and 3 others like this.
  3. badbob

badbob

Last 2 days,nasty,cold,rain,hail and snow. New front driveshaft cam in mail, for AWD summer van, but so nasty out, did not drive it up on the ramps to install it, which I need to do before MEM day weekend camping trip. Got old notes out, been thinking things out, about building a extended hopper for my Accentra. Yes,It will be a bit ugly,but living alone,does not bother me,I did not keep the Accentra for looks,just for stove size and low maintenance. If I can get the basic rectangular box made at a fair price,I will do the other mods, and stove will hold 2-3 bags,instead of the 1 bag.Gonna be a bit expensive,as i would also have to purchase a hopper lid assembly from a different stove manufacturer, not a way around this,with the harman glass door hopper lid. Will meet with the fab guy tomorrow, will update.

imacman, IHATEPROPANE, gbreda and 4 others like this.
  4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

:popcorn:

5. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Having a large capacity hopper is a good thing.
    Depending on how much $$$ it cost to get the hopper fabricated there is a simple option you can whip up at home.

Measure your existing hopper dimensions and get the sheet metal sheared.

Get some 1/8" x 3/4" x 3/4" angle

Cut the angle about 2 inches longer than the sheet metal is in height so it can protrude into the existing hopper.
    Use some small vise tongs and clamp the angle into the corners to locate,
    Fit the sheet metal so it sits in the proper location and pop rivet it to the angle.
    Move on and do each piece around the extension.

Adding some small angle around the top of the extension will stiffen it up nicely.
    Add a small clip at the center of each piece of sheet metal where they meet the original hopper and pop rivet them to the new sheet metal and then use sheet metal screws to secure the entire assembly to the original hopper.

Or just pop rivet the entire assembly.

Using some 14 gauge aluminum tread plate and putting the shiny diamond facing outward would really give it a CAL CUSTOM look :thumbs:

You could use aluminum angle for the corners too.

Light weight and keep things simple.

Use a piece of clear 1/4 inch plastic sheet for the top (Hardware store stuff)
    Two small hinges to fasten the top and add a suitable drawer pull button for a lift handle.

Simple and when done on location it will fit perfectly.

If the shiny tread plate it a bit too much...shoot it with color matched to stove..

6. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Decided to get out the Brother label maker and get after the new panel.

Started doing things so they match the way I lettered the panel on the Advantage 2

And as luck would have it things are progressing nicely and the tape cartridge runs out of tape. :hair:
    Hit ebay and order a couple more rolls of tape.

Office depot gets nearly $30 a roll
    Got two "Compatible cartridges" for $8

We shall see how this works out.
    Even a factory Brother P touch cartridge was only $10 with free shipping.

I can wait a couple days for the new ones to arrive rather than get hosed by the office stores.

Attached Files:

7. artc

artc

this followed me home Friday. looks to have always kept under cover. needs a power wash. started right up! met the wife of the owner who passed a couple months ago - she is 94 and still walking and driving!

1949 CUB.jpg
    it proved to be in excellent shape, no major dents, steering tight, transmission quiet, engine great - no smoke, new 6V battery. generator even charges!

I don't know what i'll do with it as I have 4 other cubs, but I couldn't pass it up for the $$. tractor collectors sickness! or obsession:)

a friend texted me this morning with a pic of a 340 IH utility from the late 1950's. cheap money if it is not stuck. might be another one to follow me home

imacman, badbob, schoondog and 8 others like this.
  8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Love those wheel weights :D
    Nice find :smoke:

imacman, badbob, wildwest and 3 others like this.
  9. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Decided to get out the Brother label maker and get after the new panel.

Started doing things so they match the way I lettered the panel on the Advantage 2

And as luck would have it things are progressing nicely and the tape cartridge runs out of tape. :hair:
    Hit ebay and order a couple more rolls of tape.

Office depot gets nearly $30 a roll
    Got two "Compatible cartridges" for $8

We shall see how this works out.
    Even a factory Brother P touch cartridge was only $10 with free shipping.

I can wait a couple days for the new ones to arrive rather than get hosed by the office stores.

Attached Files:

10. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Tractors and other stuff that follows ya home is an addiction/sickness/love...yessssssssssssssssss :yes:

11. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Nice Grab Man wow that brings back memories .....

imacman, wildwest, ivanhoe and 2 others like this.
  12. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

I nearly always run in SPORT mode now...if its calm out, I get about 42 mph that way. The thing to remember is that thats way too fast to fly low....I normally fly around 200' AGL.....when I tried SPORT mode in the yard, its just too fast close to the ground, crashed it and broke two props.

imacman, ivanhoe, wildwest and 2 others like this.
  13. bogieb

bogieb

Last night thru this morning I had window fans bringing cooler air into the house, and it was only down to 71* this morning when I turned off everything and left for work. Got home a little bit ago and turned the P43 on because the house is cold and it would only get colder thru the night. Tis the in-between season.

Luneyburg, imacman, ivanhoe and 4 others like this.
  14. gbreda

gbreda

Same here-warm as July yesterday and likely a little burning tonight

Frankly, I will take 65-80 daytime and 50-55 night time temps all year

schoondog, imacman, bogieb and 5 others like this.
  15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

16. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

imacman, bogieb, ivanhoe and 2 others like this.
  17. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Let us make that X3.

18. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

X4 here and what a great day for it. Today was beautiful and it looks like we have more of these days coming.

19. badbob

badbob

Snow rain sleet hail and wind, could not wait any longer, as want to go away this weekend, so drove van up on ramps and laid in mud to install new front driveshaft.

20. badbob

badbob

I really do not want something that crude. I suspect you have not seen an Accentra, the top is cast, and has a smaller glass door/lid. No drilling in the cast,and will have to be lightly clamped, so unit will have to be fairly self supporting. I could never imagine using a flammable material for a hopper lid. If this works out, will be using an England's lid.