In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Bob, I cannot trap this poor guy. Neighbor says him and his twin (female, we trapped her and had her TNR'd)

2. badbob

badbob

I did find a "cat rescue" that sometimes gets barn cats. They are near a small town, and operating with volunteers taking in cats until they are adopted. But, they are about a 6 hr round trip away. They are saving up for a shelter,gonna send them a donation. I would prefer another inside/outside cat, but barn cats make the best rodent control. This place neuters barn cats, and re homes them,free, only place in our state.

3. gbreda

gbreda

Sounds like some of the shelters around here. One in Maine has to do a home visit before they OK you :picard:

The no kill shelter in NH that I got my 2 current cats from just calls your vet if you already have pets just to confirm they are up to date on shots

imacman, badbob, ivanhoe and 4 others like this.
  4. gbreda

gbreda

Soooooooo, one of SmokeyTheBear cousins woke me up at 4:53 am and was taking down the bird feeder.

Big one too. I have heard warning (I presume) shots twice this week early morning so may be be visiting the area.

Went out to make some noise (I need to get a big noise maker) which usually chases them off but this tine just went 10 feet into the woods and came back for the feeder. Left him/her alone and wandered off.

This feeder has survived at least 5-10 bear meals and will continue on feeding birds-although its time to take it down for a while until STB family moves on and then daytime only.

imacman, badbob, bogieb and 5 others like this.
  5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

You will not be wken up by any of my cousins , they sleep all night. They are well trained. I just ordered an Oriole feeder as we have one.

6. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Which shelter would that be? Mine is from HART they are a no kill except for medical reasons and tend to be strict on adoptions.

imacman, bogieb, ivanhoe and 3 others like this.
  7. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Well figured out the 4k for Youtube now just have to find the time for adding Audio and editing , check it out. Just a quick video to figure this out but kind of cool as there is a Turkey Vulture that flies by in the beginning of the video .
    Had to work this morning but all went well so I made it home for some drone time.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    imacman, bogieb, ivanhoe and 6 others like this.
  8. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Top three day today

imacman, bogieb, slvrblkk and 5 others like this.
  9. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

nice video, Luney! its amazing how good cameras have gotten these days

10. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Yes. Sunny and cool. Lilacs in full bloom. Smells intoxicating. Time for a drink.
    :drunk:

imacman, bogieb, slvrblkk and 4 others like this.
  11. gbreda

gbreda

Not sure of the name or even what town it was as it was 5-6 years ago that a friend was looking to adopt a cat there. It was on Rte 1 in Kennebunk area.

I got my 2 current cats in Ossipee NH when we were looking for a cat for her and I wasnt looking at all at the time

imacman, bogieb, ivanhoe and 3 others like this.
  12. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Sounds like this place https://animalwelfaresociety.org/adopt__trashed/adopt-cats/

imacman, bogieb, ivanhoe and 2 others like this.
  13. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

I decided to get after building the new control box for the little stove.
    I had recently purchased the box (Same one as I used for the Big Whit) and had the mounting bracket formed.

Got after getting the hinge bolted on and the cover operating smoothly.

Laid out the holes for the various controls, meter, indicator lamps...etc....

Made a big dent in the project.

I cannibalized the original "New control panel" that I built for the small stove.
    Using the fuse units, switches, Fan control, timer unit, latchout relay and other parts in the new box.

The new unit is very close to the one I finished for the Advantage 2 stove.
    Some minor differences in the design, but really close.

Piccy's of things.
    Grabbed a shot of the unit for the Advantage 2 as a comparison.

The unit for the Prodigy (Little stove) is much simpler in the design.
    This unit does not use a start relay or a low temp snap switch or the controls it deals with.
    The Prodigy runs the exhaust booster fan at a constant full line voltage which eliminates the need for a speed control on the fan.
    The booster fan runs 100% of the time when the main switch is turned on.

The auger timer is the same unit I used for the Control on the Advantage 2 ( Easier to keep spare parts)
    The Latchout relay (Shuts the unit off if there is a power outage or a high temp over temp issue and requires a reset button to reactivate)

Same timer modules exactly in both.
    Same resistor selector switch (6 position)
    Same resistor assembly with slightly different timing resistors

10 seconds on setting one (Same as factory low setting)
    8 seconds on setting two
    6 seconds on setting three
    5 seconds on setting four
    4 seconds on setting five
    continuous on setting six (Auger priming only)

Original settings were 1o seconds on low....5 seconds on two...3 seconds on three... 2 seconds on four and 1 second on five.

For our application the only setting that was usable was the number 1 at 10 seconds between auger cycles.

The new one will give us 3 usable settings and the ability to get more heat from the stove without melting things.

The Combination fan (Room fan and fire pot added air) will be independently adjustable with the knob to the left of the meter on the panel.

The ability to adjust the fan without adjusting the auger timer will really enhance the firing capabilities of the stove,

Should be a sweet ride...

Attached Files:

14. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Agreed man especially with the footprint of them being so small , someday LW I'll make it out there and we can capture some good chite .

Thanks

15. bogieb

bogieb

Yesterday got up at my normal working day time and headed for HQ (about 1 mile down the road from my where my office is) to make it there by 5:30 am. Yep, it was a Friday but I was headed to work!

But, it's not what you think. The company organizes field trips about once a month and I decided for $95 I couldn't pass up a bus trip to NYV to see the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and the 9/11 memorial. The bus left at 6 am and got back about 11:30 pm. Probably never would have made the trip solo, but going with a group and having someone else doing the driving made it doable. Didn't know anyone (we have 3k+ employees in NH alone, but got adopted by a family of 3 (Dad, and employee, mom and daughter who was probably 16 or so) so I tagged along with them for a lot of the sight seeing.

I took my camera to take the majority of pics, but haven't downloaded them yet, so you only get to see a couple of camera pics.

It was a beautiful, sunny day in the 70's. I was glad I remembered to take a hat so my face didn't get wicked burned.
    Selfie from boat-face larger.jpg
    Statue of liberty from boat - closer.jpg

The USS Intrepid with a space shuttle on deck (I don't know which one) as we drove by - would have loved to get to tour!
    USS Intrepid  AND SHUTTLE.jpg

Down the side of the USS Intrepid
    USS Intrepid 4 - down length.jpg

World Trade Center building.
    9-11 building.jpg

Attached Files:

imacman, schoondog, badbob and 4 others like this.
  16. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

Dont do what I just did, Luney! Didnt check the battery pack, flew a half mile away, and the battery alarm started chiming! Barely got back before I was bingo go-go juice! Thank God for the "return to home" button! (And I was in SPORT mode!)

17. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Haa yeah I have already done it once and learned and make sure I have all 3 three batteries and the Controller charged before I take flight, do not push it but once it hits low battery it automatically comes back unless you are flying in Ludicrous mode (sport mode) for the EVO. Battery life is much shorter but its fun as it will hit 50 MPH and more with a tail wind fun stuff but does get a bit nerve wracking with $1200 Benjamin's in the air.

Hiked up the side of a hill and honed my skills kind of lengthy but if you have a high rez monitor some really nice colors and in 4 K

18. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Nice Bogie ! A trip to NYC is always a good time especially if you have such a nice day as yesterday , I can tolerate a day but any more than that I come running back to the hills.
    When living upstate I use to have day trips to the City which was always a good time, great Pics and good to see you taking some time to chill.

imacman, schoondog, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  19. bogieb

bogieb

Yeah, certainly couldn't do more than a day or two, so this was about perfect.

imacman, jtakeman and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  20. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Cameras have gotten spectacular since digital technology came of age.
    I used to use a DSLR to take all my pics..
    Now I use my iphone8 plus for everything.

Unless its a piccy that you need a big piece of glass (Telephoto) to really capture I won't even think about the big camera.

Grab my iphone, snap the piccy, email it to myself, grab it off the email in my big computer and do whatever is needed and boom..plop done...

Although, for some work ya can't beat 35mm film for quality even today