In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Thanks but I’ll pass

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by g60gti, Mar 27, 2019.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

:thumbs:

2. Cheepbeer

Cheepbeer

I’ve been there. Promised all of it if I cleaned up and all. Next thing, somebody’s cherry picking it. Gone!

3. g60gti

g60gti

Just a quick update. Yesterday the tree service came back and picked this stuff up. Been sitting there for weeks and no one touched it. Walking by while they were there and had a quick talk with one of the workers about wood/saws and whatnot. Told me the homeowner was originally going to have someone else clean up these rounds but had to call them back to do it because no one else did it. Was I the “someone” else? Not sure, but I really don’t feel bad about it.

4. Suburban wood snob

Suburban wood snob

Same thing happened to me with an elm my neighbors took down. I said that I would take all the wood but they had to leave me manageable sizes. Some of the trunk rounds were 40+ inches in diameter ... And even noodling them was out of the question as I couldn't move them to start noodling. They left them in piles with some stuff 24x36“ 4 feet off the ground. No way was I going to step around that and risk them moving and killing me.

Eventually the company came back with a front end loader and took the absurd chunks away.

buZZsaw BRAD, g60gti and Midwinter like this.