In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Eye Opener

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Chazsbetterhalf, Mar 15, 2019.

  1. Chazsbetterhalf

    Chazsbetterhalf

    Joined:
    May 18, 2018
    Messages:
    6,010
    Likes Received:
    39,593
    Location:
    Ny
    Well this post is heads up for us vets. Especially on copay. Chaz had an appt at the VA in Buffalo so since we were there, I wanted to check my means. I went into retirement a couple of years ago so naturally my income dropped.

    Well anyways, talking to the guy and he informs me that I have $350 in collections. We finally figured out probably happened.

    When I went into the hospital Feb. 2017, i ended up having a $1300 copay. Unbeknownst to us, the minute I got that bill we had 120 days to pay in full. So since i also had my usual monthly drug bill for meds I just made made higher payments. So it did not get paid in full and went onto into collections. I was suppose to have gotten a letter of notification but never did.

    So if you ever get a bill you know you might have issues with, contact your VA because as long as you are on payment plan nothing will go to collections. We set are up for $25 but I will continue to make higher payments.

    If you keep a $5 balance this will keep you on the payment plan. If you get to 0 then payment plan stops and would have to start up the plan all over.