Beautiful day here today! Just right for cutting a little wood. Sharpened the chains and took the quad and trailer over to the farm. Had some smaller tops that had came down over the winter and took down a couple of dead/snaggly cherrys. Decided to drop this dead elm and sure enough it got hung up I have never done that before! Got it loose with the snatch strap and quad. Ended up with about 1/2 cord total. Here is about 1/4 cord mix of Elm and Cherry. The quad got a work out today, I bought it new 15 months ago and I have 52 miles on it! Gary
Nice looking wood you ended up with. Look's almost already seasoned it was so dry! I'm getting fanatical about keeping a sharp chain these in the past few years. Makes a big difference!
If you get some d-shackles, snatch block , 3/8 inch cable and some tree savers you can do some indirect pulls which will double your pulling power, if you set it up right you'll lift instead of pulling it through the dirt, it also will save the four wheeler from doing all the work.
Gotta love em stuck in the ground going sideways eh Gary Do it all the time here Beauty looking day at your place
Yea, I couldn't get the quad around to pull it straight back. But I think it actually pulled easier at an angle. I refuse to leave a tree in the woods hung up! Gary
Nice work on that one! My woods are so tight and tall that they are constantly hanging up on me too. I normally just chain onto them and yank them down too.
+1 Looks like you'll get more miles on it this year In just that pic, I see some other trees that need added to your stack ! Woods looks pretty tight, might need some thinning too.