In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:hair::doh:

CleanFire, Ssyko, ivanhoe and 3 others like this.
  2. bogieb

bogieb

X3 PT2730. In my defence I bought is specifically to fancy label soaps that I made for Christmas presents one year. If my old, basic P-Touch hadn't died, I probably would not have gotten the fancier one (being as how it is 7-8 years old, I'm guessing that model isn't nearly as fancy as some out there now).

Holy cr*p, just looked that model up and REFURBED machines are going for $160. I'm pretty sure I paid less than $100 for it. Guess I should take really, really good care of it.

CleanFire, Ssyko, ivanhoe and 4 others like this.
  3. imacman

imacman

I had shorts on yesterday too. :whistle:

CleanFire, Ssyko, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  4. PelletHound

PelletHound

I bet your legs weren't pink like Wills.:rofl: :lol::bug:

CleanFire, Ssyko, imacman and 5 others like this.
  5. scajjr2

scajjr2

Love how 2 days ago it was a foot + forecasted, now it's 3-6 inches.

Sam

CleanFire, Ssyko, imacman and 5 others like this.
  6. gbreda

gbreda

I'm good with that. Hope it holds or gets smaller and not the other way around

CleanFire, Ssyko, imacman and 6 others like this.
  7. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Action Recommended: Make preparations per the instructions
    Issued by: Portland - ME, US, National Weather Service,

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM EST THIS EVENING THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON... * WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 6 inches or more possible. * WHERE...Portions of central and southern New Hampshire and south central and southwest Maine. * WHEN...From this evening through Monday afternoon. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute on Monday. The watch will be converted to a winter storm warning or a winter weather advisory today when the uncertainty in storm track becomes a bit more clear. The exact track will affect snowfall amounts. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts. &&

More Information
    ...PLOWABLE SNOW EXPECTED TONIGHT INTO MONDAY MORNING... .Low pressure will intensify as it tracks northeast tonight, before crossing over the Gulf of Maine on Monday. The system will spread snow into the area beginning this evening with the snow tapering to snow showers Monday morning as the low exits into the maritimes. Highest snow amounts will be along and near the coast with amounts steadily decreasing as you head further inland. Some uncertainty still exists regarding the track and strength of this system which will impact snowfall amounts.

Is what they are saying for me.

CleanFire, Ssyko, imacman and 4 others like this.
  8. scajjr2

scajjr2

Took advantage of it being 40* out to shut the P43 down and give it a good deep cleaning. Burning mostly doug fir the past 4-5 weeks was surprised at how little ash & carbon buildup there was. Ash pan was maybe 3/4 full.

Now to try out a new beta Linux OS, Salient, by Silent Robot. Video/multimedia/gaming distro based on Arch, got the nVidia version (has the latest Linux nVidia drivers, pre configured for Steam, Lutris, Wine 4.0). Been dual booting Win 10 & Linux Mint 19.1 for the past 2 months, just gonna pop another SSD in the system and try Salient out.

Sam

9. schoondog

schoondog

Stopped by TSC store last night to grab a few bags of white TSCs or cheat rivers and what did my blood shot eyes spy...…. AWF white pine super premium bags. Grabbed 3 bags and forced them into wifeys Subaru (I just did a little grocery shopping, small car) Went back this morning and grabbed 4 more after reading slvrblkks test of them. Got about a half a bag through the stove and just got done doing a quick clean. Hoping these babies will keep us nice a warm during up coming weeks low temps. Maybe I should pick up a ton,
    Doggy

CleanFire, Ssyko, PelletHound and 7 others like this.
  10. bogieb

bogieb

Early this morning I washed and dried a load of laundry. While doing so I remembered I had stopped at Aubuchon's and picked up a 6" pull extension for the light over the dryer. I always have to stand on tippy-toes to catch ahold of that thing. I added the pull extension and went back upstairs, then remembered I had forgotten something so went back down there. Lo and behold I see one of the kittens on top of the dryer batting the chain around :hair:. There were no cats downstairs when I did the pull chain extension - I swear they have ESP!

Left for HOG meeting shortly before 8 - we had breakfast before the meeting so between drive time and all that was about 11:30 before I got out of there. Stopped at HD and picked up thermostat wire and did some general wandering around. The P61a is getting a dead spot in the pot dial, so I decided to hook it up like I have the P43 (got the 'stat from Amazon and it came in Friday). Petco is the next block over from HD, so stopped there and used up some coupons for cat food that I normally wouldn't get, and they may not like (they are picky little chits).

Got home and started pounding on ice in the driveway and steps to front door. Then I did a bunch of work on HOG stuff (I'm the membership officer as well as newsletter editor), did some laundry, went out and did ice bashing again (have areas that have 2 to 4", but it is better). Now I've got the dishwasher going and multi-tasking by cruising FHC and petting one of the cats.

CleanFire, Ssyko, imacman and 3 others like this.
  11. bogieb

bogieb

Seriously, why does every TSC except the ones in NH get stuff like that :eek:?

Done whining o_O

CleanFire, Ssyko, imacman and 4 others like this.
  12. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Now it says:

Action Recommended: Execute a pre-planned activity identified in the instructions
    Issued by: Portland - ME, US, National Weather Service,

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 11 AM EST MONDAY... * WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches expected. * WHERE...Portions of New Hampshire and south central and southwest Maine. * WHEN...From 7 PM this evening to 11 AM EST Monday. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute on Monday. The watch will be converted to a winter storm warning or a winter weather advisory today when the uncertainty in storm track becomes a bit more clear. The exact track will affect snowfall amounts. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Expect snow covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. For a more precise forecast for your specific location...go to www.weather.gov/gray. &&

More Information
    ...SNOW EXPECTED TO ENTER THE REGION THIS EVENING... .Snow will overspread the region this evening as low pressure heads towards the Mid Atlantic coastline. This system will quickly cross over eastern portions of the Gulf of Maine Monday morning before heading into the Canadian Maritimes. Highest snowfall totals will be along and near the coastline. The precipitation will taper to scattered snow showers Monday afternoon. A few rain showers may mix in over southern areas as temperatures climb through the 30s. There is still some uncertainty with the exact track of this system. Stay tuned for future updates from the National Weather Service and your local news media.

CleanFire, Ssyko, imacman and 3 others like this.
  13. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Last week 16 bags of these showed up on CL literally 4 miles from my house, got them for $2.50 each :D. They didn't work great in their stove. I did notice that these seem to be on the longer side than previously.

CleanFire, Ssyko, imacman and 7 others like this.
  14. gbreda

gbreda

yes they are

Mine will not touch any kind of canned "pate" (they also get dry/free feeding). I mix it up, but what they loved for the last 3 weeks might get a nose in the air tomorrow :picard:

When that happens, I just leave the dry only out for a while

15. will711

will711

I grabbed 5 bags last week at TSC , burned fine , didn't have the funneling issue like in the past , but that maybe due that I was alternating Chow's in the hopper .

16. gbreda

gbreda

Thats how I have kept the funneling away on my last ton of 802. Throw in another brand every now and then

17. will711

will711

The white chit is falling :doh:

18. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Thankfully not sticking......yet.....

19. will711

will711

Roads getting a little slush on them up here , nothing major , temp is right at freezing . didn't get any rain that was predicted , it won't pizz me off if this fizzles out to be nothing more than a nuisance storm .

20. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Yeah, no rain down here either..