In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

TV vs. Web

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by yooperdave, Mar 2, 2019.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

When it comes to youtube, I just do a word search for music of movies (rare to find one complete now) but no favorites on there for me. Watch a lot of highlights form old tv game shows too.

2. bushpilot

bushpilot

Not much TV watching here. I am pretty sure it hasn't been turned on for at least 3-4 weeks. OTA signal only. I use the net lots more, but am not subscribed to any streaming service.

3. Horkn

Horkn

Just get a streaming service with football. Sling TV, as well as PlayStation Vue. Probably others as well.

mat60, Backwoods Savage, Chaz and 2 others like this.
  4. HDRock

HDRock

I do subscribe And pay for to cable TV And I like it, watching car restoration shows ( Motor Trend) , Live PD , how it's made, Animal Planet , Science channel , History , Tru TV, things like that, but , On the other hand , I just download whatever TV shows or movies I want, I watch them whenever I want , On any device I want , Without commercials , all for free.
    Not into YouTube much unless I'm searching For information

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  5. HDRock

HDRock

Best thing about my cable hookup is my fastist Internet , I can download a free 1080p 2 hour movie in 4 minutes :dex::thumbs:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  6. billb3

billb3

We have just OTA TV with an antenna on the roof.
    99.9% of the time neither TV is not even plugged in. Last thing I watched was the Superbowl. Pretty easy to mute the ads and stick the nose in the laptop for a minute.
    Use Adblock and it even blocks links to Amazon some post here.

7. Chaz

Chaz

That would be the #1 reason to get cable if we could. We have 4G service here, and it's way better than satellite internet, but slower than cable, and download caps... well...
    :mad::mad::mad::headbang:

mat60, Jack Straw, HDRock and 3 others like this.
  8. Diesel 4 life

Diesel 4 life

I watch YouTube mostly but it’s getting bad with everyone trying to monetize and putting 6 ads into a 10min video. We have Netflix but the wife controls that and watches drama for hours :hair: I can’t stand it. If I’m home alone the tv never gets turned on I just stream music or dig through the vinyl collection. If it were just me all I would have would be OTA mostly for news.

9. Marvin

Marvin

OTA tv here. We also watch some Netflix and YouTube. I got rid of dish network a few years ago cause I was tired of paying $80 a month when we only watched a few channels. The biggest thing I miss is the DVR. It has also cured my addiction to watching overly paid athletes chasing a ball around. I can watch a game on locals if I care to but most times dont.

Most of my time is spent browsing FHC or trying to learn something from the interwebs.

yooperdave, mat60 and Jack Straw like this.
  10. clay shooter

clay shooter

im on the computer a lot, and we see a lot of tv,there is over a 100 sky channels.

yooperdave and mat60 like this.