In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Just start selling firewood on the side.

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by muzzy17is, Jan 13, 2019.

1. muzzy17is

muzzy17is

That’s
    We’ll felleres I talked to the owner of the Groves today and it’s a go. I can get all that I want only problem is he wants it gone quickly cause he’s ready to level them. Looks like I’m gonna be busy over the next couple of weeks lol.

2. Midwinter

Midwinter

That's great news (I hope)! 50 acres, wow.
    Can you get helpers with saws and trucks? At least it's not summer. Good luck and keep us posted.

3. dingbat

dingbat

What a score!
    Might want to make damm sure you're clear on how he's expecting the stumps to be left though....

4. DBH

DBH Banned

Got 'gators ?

5. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Hi, ive been selling part time here in Southern Conn for a few years to a handfull of regulars. Just started Craigs list in Dec with somewhat limited inventory. I have two gas stations i wholesale .75 cubic foot bundles to. Lots of competition around here.
    I would try selling in small batches ie 1/2, face, 1/4 cords. Not being familiar with the wood market in Florida i would limit your investment. Im not trying to make a living doing it, a LOT of hard work with minimal return. I work with just 3 saws, an axe, and my F150. I have a simple wooden jig i made to assemble bundles, works great. An automatic bundler is expensive.
    If you enjoy cutting, try doing some chain saw work?