In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Irish Alzheimer’s

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by rottiman, Feb 14, 2019.

  1. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Murphy showed up at Mass one Sunday and the priest almost fell down
    when he saw him. He'd never been to church in his life.

    After Mass, the priest caught up with him and said, "Murphy, I am so
    glad ya decided to come to Mass. What made ya come?"

    Murphy said, "I got to be honest with you Father, a while back, I
    misplaced me hat and I really, really love that hat. I know that
    McGlynn had a hat just like mine and I knew he came to church every
    Sunday. I also knew that he had to take off his hat during Mass and
    figured he would leave it in the back of the church. So, I was going
    to leave after Communion and steal McGlynn's hat."

    The priest said, "Well, Murphy, I notice that ya didn't steal
    McGlynn's hat. What changed your mind?"

    Murphy replied, "Well, after I heard your sermon on the 10
    Commandments, I decided that I didn't need to steal McGlynn's hat
    after all"

    With a tear in his eye the priest gave Murphy a big smile and said,
    "After I talked about 'Thou Shalt Not Steal' ya decided you would
    rather do without
    your hat than burn in hell?"

    Murphy slowly shook his head. "No, Father, after ya talked about 'Thou
    Shalt Not Commit Adultery' I remembered where I left me hat."
     
  2. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
  4. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,709
    Likes Received:
    224,321
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.