In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Where did the smoke monster go?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by savemoney, Apr 30, 2014.

  1. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    I cleaned my stove pipe the first week of February just before installing the p68, I cleaned it today. What a change. All I found was a thin layer of deep brown powder. This stove burnes a lot hotter than the one I had.
    I am burning the same pellets. This stove keeps surprising me. :thumbs:
     
  2. badbob

    badbob

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2014
    Messages:
    2,482
    Likes Received:
    9,947
    Location:
    bozeman pass,park county,MT 6500'
    Yep haven't heard anything bad about a p68,other than the price!:D
     
    DexterDay and savemoney like this.
  3. RockyMtnHigh

    RockyMtnHigh

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2014
    Messages:
    641
    Likes Received:
    1,130
    Location:
    Bailey, Colorado
    You spent your money wisely... In the long run being cheap is quite expensive in my opinion......
     
    DexterDay, savemoney and Lousyweather like this.
  4. gbreda

    gbreda

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    7,506
    Likes Received:
    37,200
    Location:
    NH
    Glad you are still impressed with your upgrade!
     
    DexterDay and savemoney like this.
  5. subsailor

    subsailor

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,693
    Likes Received:
    14,973
    Location:
    Winthrop, Maine
    I cleaned the stove pipe for my P-61 back in February for the first time with the same results. The stove is 5 years old!
     
    DexterDay and savemoney like this.
  6. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    The lesson is to spend it right, once! I was afraid to spend the money at first. I didn't know what I was getting into. It seemed to be a reasonable thing to do. After a few years hanging out with this crowed, I was also to realize I need to made another change if I ever wanted to achieve the desired comfort level while heating with pellets. This sure was a good year to make that change. No regrets here.
     
  7. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    I am proud to have seen the evolution...

    You were contempt with your Napoleon. And always kept it clean.. But then you went and became a bottom feeder. :) And seen the light.. ;) :thumbs:

    I can't talk much because I became a bottom feeder myself this winter.


    Congrats on the switch Save$...
     
    subsailor likes this.
  8. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    "being cheap is quite expensive"… it can be, that's for sure.
     
    savemoney likes this.