In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

HD here selling different brand for now?

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Tullytown, Jan 23, 2019.

1. DobieMom

DobieMom

I'll be back over that way in a few days, maybe sooner and will pop in again and take a closer look but I still won't pay that for a bag of pellets :eek:

2. will711

will711

Thanks , I'm curious too see what they are , and yeah $8 is too rich for me .

3. Skier76

Skier76

Timely thread....

I had MLK day off and headed to one of the local HD's after dropping my wife off at work. Talked to two guys in the garden center who were unloading a ton of FSUs to sell by the bag. "I'll take two tons of those!" And I went to the service desk. Did my order, made my request saw the same two guys as I was leaving: "I just paid for two tons of FSUs!" "Cool, we'll take those for you!" I sent a text to Iron Stove "HD in Plantsville has FSUs! Just ordered two tons for delivery!"

I come home from work two days later and there are two tons in my driveway. With green wrapping...hmmmm. Turns out, I had two tons of Green Surpremes. So I have a choice. Call them, see if they have FSUs, remind them what I had requested at ordering..... Fast forward to 30 minutes later...two tons of Green Supreme; Northeastern blend in my garage.

These burn well! Similar to chows. Heat output is good. Ash looks slightly less than chows? It's hard to tell since I've been running the stove a big higher due to the cold temps lately. I've done two "while it burning" ash pan cleanouts...so I won't have an accurate ash amount when I clean tomorrow.

But so far, so good. The fact that they have some softwood in there is a good thing. Curious to what the actual ratio there is. I'll try and post the plant number that's on the back side of the bag. Despite having good contact lenses, takes me a bit to find the number. Wish they'd just ink it on there.

schoondog, Rich250, CleanFire and 2 others like this.
  4. subsailor

subsailor

I picked up 10 bags of Lacrete today for $5.79 a bag at my stove dealers place. Only place I know where his bag prices are 1/50th of his ton price.

Rich250, CleanFire, ttdberg and 3 others like this.
  5. D-Mac0211

D-Mac0211

That’s crazy!!’ When I got my green supreme Appalachian hardwoods they were $4.58 a bag or $219 a ton

6. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

I know another one...
    ;)

Dan

7. subsailor

subsailor

I bought 3 bags of those and found them to be very ashy, falling off the front of the burn pot in 2 hours. Still have 1 bag left that I'll burn in May, an hour at a time.

Rich250 and CleanFire like this.
  8. Tullytown

Tullytown

I picked up a few bags of green Supremes at Home Depot today. Appalachian Hardwood for what it's worth. I do expect Ash.

Rich250, CleanFire and DobieMom like this.
  9. DobieMom

DobieMom

If I may ask...price for them? I'll stop in HD in the next few days and look to see what they are. We usually get chit for pellets here so at $8 a bag I'd expect the stove to clean itself :D Had a ton of EasyBlaze super premium softwood got at end of season last year...not the best they'd turned out :( Have no idea what they're cranking out this season.

10. CleanFire

CleanFire

Chit, at that price - it should also make you dinner. :D

11. Tullytown

Tullytown

I grabbed a few bags of the Appalachians yesterday at HD... 5.38 bag I believe..

DobieMom and CleanFire like this.
  12. Tullytown

Tullytown

The EasyBlaze Premos have been the hottest softwoods i have burned in past couple years...just about as hot as NW doug firs i burned.

CleanFire likes this.
  13. schoondog

schoondog

I bought a ton of Green Supreme northeast blend. They are ok. Bit ashy. Noticed they have some long pellets. My Quad don't care though. Sorta like the chows.

Doggy

ttdberg, CleanFire and slvrblkk like this.
  14. will711

will711

I agree, I've roasted up about 1/2 ton , they kept the house at 70 during this last deep freeze , but they are a bit on the ashy side .

ttdberg, CleanFire, Rich250 and 2 others like this.
  15. Tullytown

Tullytown

Burned some appalachian GS's i picked up at HD . bit ashy also but pretty decent heat....
    attempting to duplicate same setting i use with the EZBlaze softwoods, these came in around 40 degrees less.. not bad concidering 465-470 degrees with the Blaze.
    lazer thermostat reading at the distribution vent [which slvrblkk here told me was also giving a reading of the metal vents].. either way, about 35-40 degree difference in that area.

16. subsailor

subsailor

Heat wise the bags I bought were ok, but like everyone else seems to be experiencing, a bunch of ash, although it is light and fluffy.

will711 and CleanFire like this.
  17. CleanFire

CleanFire

All these GS flavors.. :drool: Now I gotta stop by the local HD tomorrow am after work and see what they got. :handshake:

ttdberg and slvrblkk like this.
  18. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I picked up a few GS's App hardwoods and they seem to be doing dandy. Went back for a few more. :)

:vulture: = :makeitrain"

:emptywallet:

19. Iron Stove

Iron Stove

I'm burning Hammers still, but gave gave cut back. Natural gas has dropped below 2.75 from 4.25 in November. I burn on colder days, or when watching Tv in the man cave.

20. DobieMom

DobieMom

I popped in HD to get a few more bags of pellets and to get a pic of the GS...WOW...NO PELLETS but they're loaded up with lawn tractors, etc. :mad:So I asked the guy about a shipment...he wasn't "sure" possibly this week...went on to say they "shipped what they did have to Annapolis..." :mad:WHAT??? You think Annapolis gets cold and Salisbury doesn't? damm a corporate bunch of idiots! You'll see more of this rant...

Bucks Pellets, will711 and CleanFire like this.