We have a dinner at our place tonight but I figured we would have time to cut a quick load. We were headed down to grab some beech at my dad's place. Saw a truck stopped in the road. Turned out to be a friend. After trying every trick we could to get a fuel pump going, I towed him to another friends place around the corner. That put us behind about an hour. Still, why not head out and at least try to get some productivity? Decided to cut til 4 got a small load. On the way out we broke through the ice we crossed on the way in. Here I sit waiting for my son to bring my cousins 'bota back and give me a tug. I'll up date in a bit
You only had to wait 14 minutes to get towed out? I’d call that a win!! Time for a few Saturday afternoon cold brews.
More like an hour. I didn't think to post til I heard the tractor coming back through the field. The hay forks were loud clanging over the ruts.
I thought someone else had a fun day. Today, we are going to give it another whirl. This time, I'll get my cousin's tractor with forks at the start and bring logs out to soild ground before cutting. Probably 5 good loads left. The problem was the thaw we had Wednesday. I got stuck in a swale in a tiled field. With the ground frozen prior to rain, it ran on the surface. Relatively warm water thawed the low spots. Then it started snowing and apparently it drifted over, not letting it refreeze.