In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Time to sell the snowmobiles.

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by trail twister, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Ejp1234

Ejp1234

Argo’s were popular here in our Delmarva swamps. They are a maintenance nightmare. They have bearings for each tire that need to be flushed and greased individually every 2-3hrs of run time... the problem is where they are located. You have to jack them up and take each tire off... and if you have the tracks on thats another step.

I still see a few here or there as they can travel in places nothing else can... you just have to enjoy wrenching regularly.

2. Ejp1234

Ejp1234

PS - extremely loud vehicles...

3. hovlandhomestead

hovlandhomestead

Thank Goodness it didn't though. I was 14 or so when we bought the cabin and our father gave us free reign over the Pug, meaning we could figure out how it worked, decide to do what we wanted with it, as long as we also got firewood, and fix it if we wanted to keep playing with it. Well we really put that thing through it's paces...three teenage boys worth.

It was rolled once, and thank God that no one was hurt that time as that vehicle was pretty heavy. I broke through the ice with it in 3' of water. We used our neighbor's Pug to pull it out, after breaking ice all he way to shore.

I had it up north for awhile in Hovland after Dad sold the cabin. When we moved to Mpls in 1998 I sold it to a friend's friend who was going to use it at his cranberry farm.

4. yooperdave

yooperdave

..............cities......................:picard:

Horkn, bogieb and TurboDiesel like this.
  5. hovlandhomestead

hovlandhomestead

No kidding yooperdave. I moved to take a predoctoral internship at a large hospital system here. I was a little too busy during that year to be too sad, but it took about a year to get accustomed to a few things, namely: lack of dark skies and vivid starlight,;the air didn't smell as good; I couldn't pee wherever, and whenever I wanted outside (except at night); and there were people everywhere, even driving, to the point that I felt crowded almost everywhere, including in traffic.

We have struck a balance. I have the solitude of the many lakes around here, even within a few block of our home that are largely deserted in the very early morning hours when I do all my spearing or fishing. The darkhouse and exploring lakes within 30 miles of home, including 14,000 acre lake Minnetonka is my refuge in the winter months. We are lucky too in that we have a large suburban yard, which I turned into a garden with over 20 raised beds, 6 apple trees, fruit bushes, etc.. We also kept some of our land, build a cabin ourselves and go back as often as possible.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  6. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

The most important part.:handshake: