In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Why I don't visit Firewood Hoarders Club very often

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Kimberly, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    Members might notice that I don't visit FHC very often. There is a reason. I liked FHC a lot and there are a lot of great people here that I have met. Also some really great people that worked to help me get started; and I appreciate those people every day. I won't forget what those members did for me. Plus, I really like being part of a community and interacting with members of that community.

    However, it got to where being here was stressing me out due to one member that to me was being a bully. Now I know what bullying feels like because I was bullied in High School; that was before the attention on bullying was made more public. The bullying in High School got to the point where it was taking a toll on me; my grades slipped, I dreaded going to school each day and I loved learning. I never talked with my parents about it though and just struggle through it until one day I snapped and attacked the person bullying me. The bullying stopped; maybe the bully realised that they may actually get hurt if they continued. The scuffle we had was minor but it gave a message to the bully that I was tired of just taking it.

    Now the member here that is bullying me when I post or comment may not realise that what she/he is doing is bullying. I give them the benefit of the doubt. However, it is; what they are doing goes beyond just responding to my posts and comments. A lot of members have responded to my posts and comments but when they do so, it is not bullying; they are responding in sincere and thoughtful ways even when the comment might be a criticism. No, it is different for the member engaging in bullying because they are doing it in an attack sort of way.

    I did engage with the member asking them to just ignore my posts and comments and I would also ignore their posts and comments. I would not leave comments on their posts and in return the person would not leave comments on my posts. I thought that would be an agreeable way to handle things. The member did not agree and continued to leave comments on my posts and comments; this is to be expected if the person is trying to be nasty. I contacted an admin of the site but they decided to not reprimand the member for what was a form of harassment or bullying. Well, they are the admins and what they say go. Maybe it was because the member in question had been a part of FHC a lot longer than me; I don't know.

    When I was bullied in High School I had no out; I had to attend school. However, that is not the case with being bullied on FHC; I do have an out, I cannot visit the site; I can choose not to be here. Now I liked being here, I liked being a part of the FHC community. I loved the interaction and fun of engaging members; even, as I said above, those members criticised how I did something or disagreed with a point of view. It is a big difference between someone leaving real comments and someone leaving comments just to be nasty. I even noticed the person leaving nasty comments about me indirectly when I wasn't even engaging in the thread.

    Now you may think I am being dramatic. However, I certainly felt the stress of being on the site and having to deal with the member. I also know that with limited engagement on FHC; and thus limited engagement with that member, that I feel much better and calmer. The downside is that I miss being a part of a great community and I do consider FHC a great community.

    Take care everyone, I will drop in time to time to see how everyone is doing. Big hugs to all; heck, even big hugs to the bully.
     
    Horkn, Screwloose, XXL and 8 others like this.
  2. Chazsbetterhalf

    Chazsbetterhalf

    Joined:
    May 18, 2018
    Messages:
    6,010
    Likes Received:
    39,593
    Location:
    Ny
    I am sorry I can't give that a like. Nobody should have to put up with bullies. Have a good day.
     
    Maina, Horkn, Screwloose and 7 others like this.
  3. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,662
    Likes Received:
    39,147
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    Kimberly I gave it a like because sometimes it is necessary to call out bullies publicly and you did in a very respectful way and with a lot of grace. :handshake:
     
    Maina, Horkn, Screwloose and 10 others like this.
  4. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    Kimberly, I hope that telling us of your predicament brings some positive results. We all deserve to be treated with civility.
     
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Maina, Horkn, Screwloose and 8 others like this.
  5. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,480
    Likes Received:
    54,105
    Location:
    Ovid
    I am going to lock this for right now this is not a topic for public forums. We will be in touch....
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.