They started doing this a few years back. It is cheaper than paying for disposal, and the residents get free wood. Saves the taxpayer and the wood burner some cash.
Yeah, they told me that was wood from storm damage. Lots of it was already dead. My son is bucking it up right now.
What's nice is that it'll be ready for this upcoming winter. Told me to call back if I want more, too!
I'd be on the phone right now. They could just keep it coming to my place......plenty of room in the field and elsewhere.
So far this spring I scrounged and got delivered over three cord free. All of it was bucked except for this load.
Tell you the truth, I'm down for the count today with some kind of stomach bug. Been in bed most of the day. Probably call in a day or so.
Thanks, Dave. I had heard there is a nasty bug going around where we are. I feel slightly better. Hope it ain't gonna hang around 5 or 6 days.
After the 1st day or 2, it was more an annoyance than anything, but I still wasn't up for much activity.
Our highway dept brings collected (unwanted) logs and rounds to the recycle center, where they are stockpiled with brush. The town workers, who are also woodburners, get first dibs on what they cut or collect in the days work.