In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Cl score....couldn’t help it

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Ron T, Dec 19, 2018.

  1. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    1840A65C-70BB-4F0C-8F18-F2A2DCB3765B.jpeg Been looking at this 041 on the local cl for a month. He’ll....it’s been listed for probably a year. I decided to go look at it after work, and you know the rest of the story!!
     
  2. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Nice looking non super. I’ve got one just like it used it as a primary saw for years.
    They’ve got awesome torque to muscle through a cut but chain speed is slow if you’ve run anything in that displacement of modern technology.
     
  3. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    Correct, but I couldn’t walk away for 100. The thing runs great for what it is. I have an 029 super and an 025. This is more for just because.
     
  4. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    If you do run it just be careful as it doesn't have the knuckle guard - not that I know what it will protect:D
    The lack of AV reminds you that you're running a saw anyways
     
  5. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    Got s guard coming from eBay
     
  6. MAF143

    MAF143

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2018
    Messages:
    1,731
    Likes Received:
    12,204
    Location:
    North Central OH
    I've got a 041 like that too I've just been kicking around the idea of selling it cuz I don't really use it anymore, but I start it and cut with it a little just to keep it fresh. Mine runs great for its age and cuts decent, but not like a modern one... My has the guard but it doesn't stop the tingling in the fingers. AV is great!

    I also have a wheelbarrow just like the one in the picture... LOL
     
  7. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    Custom cover and all?
     
  8. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,632
    Likes Received:
    33,296
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    That's awesome ! Great looking saw at a good price to !
     
  9. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,906
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    Put a new bar and chain on it today. This old dog has some torque. I put it back on the shelf where it will spend the majority of its time.
     

    Attached Files:

  10. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,997
    Likes Received:
    48,771
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    I ran an 041 for a few years, great old saw, lots of grunt. Just tighten up your teeth a bit lol. Sold it to a friend that was in need & he still uses it.