In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Turkey in brine- tick-tock

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Well Seasoned, Nov 20, 2018.

  1. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Can I get the bourbon on the side? :D
     
    Eric VW, Horkn, Chaz and 2 others like this.
  2. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    It's easier to drink if your sitting upright............................................:rofl: :lol:
     
    Eric VW, Well Seasoned, Horkn and 3 others like this.
  3. bear 1998

    bear 1998

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2017
    Messages:
    2,016
    Likes Received:
    16,253
    Location:
    S.C.Pa
    WHHHHHHYYYYY CERTTAAAAIIINNLYYY....:thumbs: :drunk::coldone::beerbbq:
     
  4. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,381
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    Ha! Finally a regional food the I can have fun mis-pronouncing just like everyone from out of the area mis-pronounces "pasty"!!!
     
  5. bear 1998

    bear 1998

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2017
    Messages:
    2,016
    Likes Received:
    16,253
    Location:
    S.C.Pa
    Pasty....thats somethin a woman uses.....ya mean "pasta"....:rofl: :lol:
     
  6. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,381
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    :picard:

    That didn't take long!
     
    huskihl, Eric VW, Jack Straw and 6 others like this.
  7. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    H4sUNFb.jpg
     
  8. bear 1998

    bear 1998

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2017
    Messages:
    2,016
    Likes Received:
    16,253
    Location:
    S.C.Pa
    Be nice...:D
     
    Eric VW, Well Seasoned, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  9. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,486
    Likes Received:
    113,772
    Location:
    KC Metro
    I too like trying different flavors.. So right now I’m trying to find a good brine for my three turkeys on Saturday.... I did a maple syrup brine last year... Suprisingly it wasn’t too sweet....
     
  10. bear 1998

    bear 1998

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2017
    Messages:
    2,016
    Likes Received:
    16,253
    Location:
    S.C.Pa
    I posted this in recipes also...not a brine but delious...
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CS_HpTyI4zM&ved=2ahUKEwj0oqaqxuXeAhXkuFkKHRXkAc4QtwIwB3oECAEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0n1tw0YkdnOEe2l-k5c8iq
     
    Eric VW, Well Seasoned, Horkn and 2 others like this.
  11. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,381
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    :rofl: :lol: :thumbs:
     
    Eric VW, Well Seasoned, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  12. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,178
    Likes Received:
    166,466
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin

    Look up "Dave Lieberman brined turkey" it Alton Brown's " good eats roast turkey". Those are our standby recipes for brining turkey. Ree Drummond's recipe is technically what we are doing this year for brining.
     
  13. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    I bought a mini turkey, 9 lbs. No brine, no stuffing (SIL bringing chestnut dressing), but I'll put a confit duck leg inside. I'll roast it like a chicken, breast down at high temp to start, and flip it after half an hour to fisnish roasting at 325.
     
  14. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,178
    Likes Received:
    166,466
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Yes, mini turkey for us at our house on Friday. It was about the size of the one you bought. We are having turkey tomorrow at a friend's house.
     
  15. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    I wonder if they are young ones? Or a midget breed?
     
  16. bear 1998

    bear 1998

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2017
    Messages:
    2,016
    Likes Received:
    16,253
    Location:
    S.C.Pa
    Watch it!!!.....u must say dwarf turkey..:rofl: :lol:
     
  17. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,178
    Likes Received:
    166,466
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    I think just young. Or less growth hormones.
     
  18. bear 1998

    bear 1998

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2017
    Messages:
    2,016
    Likes Received:
    16,253
    Location:
    S.C.Pa
    There ya go...:yes:
     
  19. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    What happens to the conflicted duck leg??????.........................................:rofl: :lol:
     
    Chaz, Eric VW, Well Seasoned and 2 others like this.
  20. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,381
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    Maybe it's crossed?
     
    Chaz, Eric VW, Well Seasoned and 2 others like this.