In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Craigslist again

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by jo191145, Oct 27, 2018.

  1. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,234
    Likes Received:
    50,435
    Location:
    Ct
    Just saw a saw add. Guy selling a brand new MS 660 out of his collection.
    Asking $2500 :0
    Now there may be some fans of the original 660 but I can’t imagine anyone thinking they’re that good compared to a 661.
    Guys a dealer too so he knows pricing. A little search of his business reviews tells he’s a little unscrupulous.
    I may be wrong but I think his shop puts out ported saws on occasion. I’ve seen new ported 7900’s selling for $1500 from that place. Fairly certain of that. No idea if that’s a fair price.
    Probably a mechanic there doing the work. This guy is the owner and I don’t get the impression he’s that vested in the business to do porting.

    So anyone willing to shell out $25000 for a 660? Don’t have to rush. The only people banging on his door are laughing their arses off.
     
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Um yeah.....no.
     
  3. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,234
    Likes Received:
    50,435
    Location:
    Ct
    C’mon papa. Daddy needs a new saw!!
     
  4. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    For that price, I could buy 3 or more perfectly fine saws. Not 660s, but...........no.:picard:
     
  5. M2theB

    M2theB

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2017
    Messages:
    3,004
    Likes Received:
    19,226
    Location:
    Central Massachusetts
    Just in the time it took me to read the post it went ten fold.
    I like a nice saw, but not that much.
    Saving my pennies for a 372
     
  6. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,234
    Likes Received:
    50,435
    Location:
    Ct
    You have quite a list there in your sig. sure you need a 372? LOL
    I bought one last year at a pawn shop. It ran anyway. Looked into it a bit and found it was adjusted twice as rich as it’s supposed to be. Set them at normal and ran it for awhile. Still not running great but I use it very little. I’m also not a chainsaw tuning prodigy.
    Bought a month ago I decided to do more homework. Read some articles, watched some vids. Did my best to fine tune the carb without getting into wood. Sounding much better. Trying to split my way into some bigger stuff so I can give it another whirl.
     
    M2theB, huskihl, savemoney and 2 others like this.
  7. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,997
    Likes Received:
    48,771
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    You get a healthy 372 dialed in nice & you'll smile all the way through the log. Good saws.
     
    M2theB, jo191145, huskihl and 2 others like this.
  8. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,118
    Likes Received:
    163,226
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Cripes...for $2500 you could buy 2 brand new 661 with enough left over for some accessories! :bug: :picard:
     
  9. M2theB

    M2theB

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2017
    Messages:
    3,004
    Likes Received:
    19,226
    Location:
    Central Massachusetts
     
    amateur cutter and jo191145 like this.