In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Long distance winch signaling

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Screwloose, Oct 24, 2018.

  1. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,632
    Likes Received:
    33,296
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Hello all !!
    It looks like I'm going to be skidding some logs pretty far, for me anyways. Looks like 600' or more from the winch and possibly around a corner to boot. Thinking walkie talkies might work but I'm open to suggestions. Would like to find a visual way like a remote controlled red and green light or ?? Blasting a horn is out because of a adjoining neighborhood. As always any help is very much appreciated.
     
    brenndatomu and wildwest like this.
  2. Mwalsh9152

    Mwalsh9152

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5,325
    Likes Received:
    38,830
    Location:
    Pelham NH
    When I would work big rig wrecks we would sometimes have two different trucks winching on the truck at the same time where the operators couldn't see each other. We would have someone running the show advising what to do by pointing. Point at both of us, we both winch. If he drops the arm pointed at me, I stop until he points at me again.
     
    Screwloose, brenndatomu and rottiman like this.