In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Never having children.....Im an....

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by bear 1998, Sep 30, 2018.

  1. bear 1998

    bear 1998

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2017
    Messages:
    2,016
    Likes Received:
    16,253
    Location:
    S.C.Pa
    adoptive grand parent....kinda...these are my grand kids...
    All pics taken at the sametime..
    0930181733a.jpg
    0930181733b.jpg
    0930181733c.jpg
    0930181734.jpg
     
  2. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,564
    Likes Received:
    76,423
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Nice that the grandkids come to visit ;)

    Seriously, that is so cool that you have all that wildlife in your yard - unless their eating something you don't want them to have.
     
  3. bear 1998

    bear 1998

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2017
    Messages:
    2,016
    Likes Received:
    16,253
    Location:
    S.C.Pa
    I get deer repellant spray from lowes n spray on a few of my bushes.....it works....everything else they leave alone.
     
  4. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,746
    Likes Received:
    62,028
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    Plz don't let your adopted g'kids play in my yard or woods.

    I'd hate to cause a feud on the site.
    :doh:
    :emb:

    :D
     
  5. bear 1998

    bear 1998

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2017
    Messages:
    2,016
    Likes Received:
    16,253
    Location:
    S.C.Pa
    Non taken....i have hunted for 43 years n still do...i have taken my share of game from squirrels to elk. I personally dont hunt within a mile of here. Watchin wildlife day in day out ..especially deer..from the time in the spring n you can tell what does are pregnant...then disappear..then show up with fawns n wonder how they even walk.
    How the mature does dont like having any mature bucks around...how they box each other....how the fawns like to play...its awesome in my book. I know they are fair game n im right next to public hunting lands. All i ever hope for is for good sportsmans to give the smaller ones a pass.
    Sometimes its saddening to say..but...id rather see the wildlife that hangs out here live longer than more than a few people i have been around in my day...
     
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  6. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,762
    Likes Received:
    224,745
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
  7. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,746
    Likes Received:
    62,028
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    I can relate to that.
    My freezer has been void of venison more than I'd prefer, but I take my shots very selectively.

    A couple of years back, I eyed up a doe coming uphill, she was tentative and looking back.

    She had two small ones in tow, so I just watched them.

    Few days later, I hear a shot from behind on neighbors property, and next thing I know, the two little ones are about 20 ft behind me, didn't even realize I was there.

    Pretty sure they became orphans that day, but they hopefully lived to see many more.
    :yes:

    I just wish they'd learn to stay outta the damm road.
    :hair::hair::hair:
     
  8. bear 1998

    bear 1998

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2017
    Messages:
    2,016
    Likes Received:
    16,253
    Location:
    S.C.Pa
     
    NH mountain man, Chaz and bogieb like this.
  9. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,005
    Likes Received:
    312,368
    Location:
    Central MI
    Archery deer season begins today!
     
  10. NH mountain man

    NH mountain man

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    37,833
    Location:
    WMNF N.H.
    Good luck, and may your freezer be filled!
     
    bogieb, bear 1998, Chaz and 1 other person like this.
  11. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,005
    Likes Received:
    312,368
    Location:
    Central MI
    Not in a hurry to get one and will hold off for a good one.
     
    bogieb, bear 1998, papadave and 2 others like this.