In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

A Day of Gettin' Ready..........

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by rottiman, Sep 29, 2018.

  1. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Spent the last week trucking silage corn. The days are getting shorter and the leaves are turning quickly. Tonight it is supposed to drop down to 32 and rain. Soooo...........spent yesterday stacking another 2 cords in the shed. Today, got the screened patio winter ready, big wood rack set up and the big wood box full of chunky-monkey's. Filled two plastic roughnecks with kindling. Ready for that first fire in the not too distant future, where I get to light it, run outside and watch the first smoke roll out the top of the chimney. Ah, the pleasures of fall. Another 3.5 cord to stack in the shed and I will be 3 years set. Time's a waste-in' folks, get those fall chores in gear. Winter won't be far behind...................:thumbs:
     
  2. In the Pines

    In the Pines

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2018
    Messages:
    1,454
    Likes Received:
    8,079
    Location:
    Ohio
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to watch the smoke from the chimney. :thumbs:
     
  3. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    My brother trucks silage this time of year. Very long days.

    I don’t move wood until we get a hard frost. That gets rid off the snakes. The mice are still in there though! I have to get cutting wood I’m below the 3 year plan. I don’t want to be thrown out of FHC!:hair:
     
    Midwinter, MikeInMa, Chaz and 4 others like this.