In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Summer 2019 Bicycle Trip

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Ralphie Boy, Sep 25, 2018.

  1. Ralphie Boy

    Ralphie Boy

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    4,274
    Likes Received:
    29,904
    Location:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    This is our preliminary bicycle route for next summer, so if any of our fellow Hoarders live close to this route we'd love to meet you! As time goes on we may change the route in minor ways. If I do I'll post the latest revisions a couple of weeks before we leave. If any of you have suggestions to improve the route we'd love to hear them. My biggest concern is availability of camping in S.D. and the weather for that time of year, mid-June. Exact shove off date will be around the first week of June.

    Union - Deadwood - A bike ride in Boone County, KY
     
  2. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    For the life of me Ralphie, I fail to understand the route through Chicago. I'd happily add 100 miles to any trip to avoid that city. But then, I usually avoid any city when on a bike and most times even when in a car or truck. Perhaps it is just me. I'm a country boy all the way.
     
  3. Ralphie Boy

    Ralphie Boy

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    4,274
    Likes Received:
    29,904
    Location:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    My wife has a cousin in Chicago that shevwants to see, plus, she's always wanted to see Chicago. I have no idea why anybody would want to see Chicago! Cooler heads may prevail in a couple of months.;)
     
  4. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,649
    Likes Received:
    39,075
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    Ralphie Boy I just looked at your route and you go practically thru my back yard. Would love to meet you and your better half. There is camping in this area as well. We are just a few miles north of La Crosse, WI
     
  5. Ralphie Boy

    Ralphie Boy

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    4,274
    Likes Received:
    29,904
    Location:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    Cool! We'll stay in touch along the way and work something out. Looking forward to seeing you. :salute: :handshake:
     
  6. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    FIFY, Erik B. :thumbs:

    :rofl: :lol:

    :salute:

    :handshake:
     
  7. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,649
    Likes Received:
    39,075
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    Only if he gets here before I fill it back up:saw::tree::axe::stacker::stacker::stacker::stacker::stacker:He will have to share it with whatever critters are calling it home too.:rofl: :lol::thumbs::whistle:
     
  8. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    :coldone: enough and you might be one of those critters...:salute:
     
    Backwoods Savage and brenndatomu like this.
  9. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,649
    Likes Received:
    39,075
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    I don't want to take after you:whistle:
     
    Backwoods Savage and Eric VW like this.