In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Sitting out by the grill

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by foragefarmer, Apr 8, 2014.

  1. foragefarmer

    foragefarmer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes Received:
    4,567
    Location:
    Central, Virginia
    And enjoying the evening. Birds are singing steak is sizzling all is well with the world.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
    milleo, Chvymn99, SmokinJay and 10 others like this.
  2. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,289
    Likes Received:
    58,565
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    Very nice...Just cooked some ribs out on the grill! Looks like it's time to cut some grass my friend!
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  3. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    WOW
    Green grass.
    I won't see that for 6 weeks :confused:
     
  4. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    LOL same here Dave! Glad mine is still dormant (brown) and I don't have to cut it :)
     
  5. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Good point.
     
  6. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Yeah I had to cut my grass weeds today, even it out a bit anyways.
    Rib eye sounds good right about now:yes:
     
    WeldrDave, raybonz and foragefarmer like this.
  7. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Wow, green grass and some plants in bloom. Nothing like that here. It did rain last night and melt some snow off the front lawn revealing some of the trash my dog dug out of the cans and dragged out on the lawn. Should be dry tomorrow so I can get the pick ups and go police the area some. I am sure I do this over and over as the snow recedes. But I love getting out in the fresh air and get a little sun.
     
    Stinny, raybonz and papadave like this.
  8. foragefarmer

    foragefarmer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes Received:
    4,567
    Location:
    Central, Virginia
    Yum!

    [​IMG]

    Why you guys got to spoil the moment talking about mowing grass? :D

    I was thinking the same thing actually. Most of the rest of the yard isn't there yet but will be by the weekend. Gonna get it then.
     
  9. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Cause I just came in from shoveling snow ,
    Saw a pic of you grilling a steak, in fresh growing green grass & tulips blooming
    Now I'm hungry & jealous. & ready for Spring . :drool:
    LOL :)

    Now, go mow your darn grass :D

    Great pics by the way :)
     
  10. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
  11. foragefarmer

    foragefarmer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes Received:
    4,567
    Location:
    Central, Virginia
    Then again it will also be 90 with 95% humidity in a couple months down here. You won't be jealous then! :eek:
     
    raybonz likes this.
  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This weekend will be the first time I can get to our grill, time for some steaks.
     
    raybonz and Scotty Overkill like this.
  13. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,287
    Likes Received:
    66,685
    Location:
    IN
    You're living right.
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  14. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    Looks good, FF! I'll be knocking the dirt out of the keyhole firepit this Saturday evening for.our first spring cookout this weekend.....I promise to post pictures!

    Let's do a poll.....what should I do?

    Steaks, vinegar chicken, how about some fresh - caught trout? Hickory, white oak or Applewood for the smoke?

    Help me out fellas!!
     
    foragefarmer likes this.
  15. foragefarmer

    foragefarmer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes Received:
    4,567
    Location:
    Central, Virginia
    I did Hickory. If you do trout I like the sound of apple wood. And in the finest Overkill tradition why not all three?
     
    basod and Scotty Overkill like this.
  16. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,287
    Likes Received:
    66,685
    Location:
    IN
    Yes. All of it.
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  17. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    Well, then.....maybe I'll do just that fellas!!

    Pics this weekend...
     
    Chvymn99 and eatonpcat like this.
  18. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,520
    Likes Received:
    95,559
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Speaking of grass mowing, Campinspecter has mowed our lawn/moss patch about three times already. We bought a new mower for the occasion.

    Now steaks for lunch today but no BBQ to cook them on. We have so much wind that there is no protected spot to use one.
     
  19. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    YES! Does that help?

    Ray
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  20. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    let us know what time we should be there;)