In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hotel Has a Fireplace!

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Fanatical1, Apr 6, 2014.

  1. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    I'm on a business trip in Northern California and I check into the room and to my surprise they have a fireplace! Then I evaluate the situation and see the "wood" and read the notice they publish in the room stating the state of California only allows burning of the fireplace on select nights due to a "clean air act" :rolleyes:

    Thought you guys would get a kick out of it....

    photo.jpg
     
  2. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Didn't pack any splits did ya?

    Do you get a "no burn" credit off the room rate on a no burn night?
     
    Pallet Pete and thewoodlands like this.
  3. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    No additional cleaning fee if you use the fireplace?
     
  4. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Yep, sounds like California.
     
    Got Wood? and thistle like this.
  5. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    It's Cali. Crank the thermostat, open the windows. Don't start the Duraflame on fire.
    (If you only knew what I just deleted,....whew! )
     
    Fanatical1 likes this.
  6. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
  7. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    I have no interest in lighting that goofy log.... Now if I can get all my neighbor's to bring their logs
    outside maybe we can find a place to do a bonfire... There has to be over a hundred rooms here.
    Next time I'm bringing the splits! :)

    :firepit:
     
    Got Wood? likes this.
  8. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    Beetle, I commend you on your excellent restraint! :zip:

    My dad has passed some time ago, but I would love to have seen his reaction to the local or state government in
    Illinois telling him what night he can have a fire in his fireplace.... :mad:
     
    Beetle-Kill likes this.
  9. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    That was good....:rofl: :lol:

    Somehow I think Judas Priest was has something in mind that was a little more daring than lighting
    a Duralog on the wrong day.
     
    Got Wood? likes this.
  10. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    You ever look at the price for those things. They are $32/case (6 logs?) at the grocery store here.
     
    Beetle-Kill likes this.
  11. firecracker_77

    firecracker_77

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,481
    Likes Received:
    3,606
    Location:
    IL
    Northern California is a beautiful place. Goofy politicians have that state so screwed up. Texas is the only big state that isn't a total mess...

    California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey, etc....all a mess
     
  12. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    My wife and I have been to a few Inns in NH and VT that have had working fireplaces in them. For one, they charge you more money for that room if you light up or not and two, same as Fanatics posting, you have to burn the duraflame log they provide.
    On just one of our trips I was able to procure a few splits they had on a side porch that they use for the main fireplace and brought them to our room. The following day I was approached (after the maid cleaned the room) and asked not to do that again. They knew it was not just duraflame ash in the hearth. :firepit::D:D:D