In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Beef Spare Ribs!

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by RockyMtnHigh, Apr 6, 2014.

  1. RockyMtnHigh

    RockyMtnHigh

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2014
    Messages:
    641
    Likes Received:
    1,130
    Location:
    Bailey, Colorado
    These have been on the Traeger since about 10 am, cooking slowly at around 200f.

    Just wanted to share. Now that summer is coming up I'll have a LOT of recipes and cooks to show off, looking forward to it. Food is one of my passions.
    DSC01069.JPG DSC01070.JPG
     
  2. gbreda

    gbreda

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    7,506
    Likes Received:
    37,200
    Location:
    NH
    Looking good, bet they taste great !! :drool:
     
  3. RockyMtnHigh

    RockyMtnHigh

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2014
    Messages:
    641
    Likes Received:
    1,130
    Location:
    Bailey, Colorado
    I hope so, still cooking lol. Going for fall off the bone on these ones.
     
  4. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Oh man, makes me want to get back out of bed for a snack! Looking good!
     
  5. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    Wait. You say you are going to share...that's not right. :p
     
  6. gbreda

    gbreda

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    7,506
    Likes Received:
    37,200
    Location:
    NH
    OK, so how were they? Bet they were terrible ;)
     
  7. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    I did some beef ribs up last week. I usually let them render some fat in oven @200 for a couple hours before a short ride on the grill.
    It's a bonus meal as the dogs have bones for weeks:)
     
    RockyMtnHigh likes this.
  8. RockyMtnHigh

    RockyMtnHigh

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2014
    Messages:
    641
    Likes Received:
    1,130
    Location:
    Bailey, Colorado
    They turned out amazing! I can't wait until work slows down so I can do this a little more often.
     
  9. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,289
    Likes Received:
    58,565
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    Wow...They look perfect!!:drool:
     
    RockyMtnHigh likes this.
  10. RockyMtnHigh

    RockyMtnHigh

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2014
    Messages:
    641
    Likes Received:
    1,130
    Location:
    Bailey, Colorado
    I do them on the Traeger because they take on an awesome smokey flavor. That pic is without sauce, just the rub and the way the sugars in the rub break down into a bbq sauce like coating. I'm allergic to my oven or I'd use it more :D
     
  11. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Gosh youns are making me feel starved !

    Forage with Steaks & you with ribs & outdoor cooking. MMMMMM good !
    me with a spam sandwich LOL :)
     
    RockyMtnHigh likes this.
  12. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,520
    Likes Received:
    95,558
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I feel the same and although we are having steaks for lunch, they will be panfried on the (Yeeks) electric stove not the BBQ
     
    campinspecter likes this.
  13. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    You eat a lot of halibut & other seafood ? Must be a fresh fish market near you ?

    For me, it was Moose stroganoff for supper :)
     
  14. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,520
    Likes Received:
    95,558
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    We have been trying to include more fish in our diet. No fresh fish market here in town but I do have a BIL that takes pity on us non-fishing people and brings us fish. Sometimes in the summer you can go down to the docks and buy fish from the boats. So many people here go out and catch their own fish that a market would have a hard time competing.
     
    campinspecter likes this.
  15. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Have campinspector fish & you fillet ? :)
     
  16. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,520
    Likes Received:
    95,558
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Campinspecter was raised on fish so we got away from eating it over the years. Plus we don't have a boat any more to go out and get them. I did enjoy learning to fillet the rock cod once I got over the fact that 9 hrs. dead and they still flip around. :eek:
     
    basod and campinspecter like this.
  17. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,520
    Likes Received:
    95,558
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I think we sidetracked the thread and didn't use the word BEER.
     
    campinspecter likes this.
  18. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    Did someone say beer?
     
    RockyMtnHigh likes this.
  19. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    cooking & fishing,
    beer is always implied LOL :)
     
    basod likes this.