In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. schoondog

schoondog

1.42 " on my accu rite station. We got 2 drenching storms today.

wildwest, jtakeman, imacman and 4 others like this.
  2. savemoney

savemoney

Happy Birthday x9!!! CleanFire

wildwest, jtakeman, imacman and 5 others like this.
  3. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

When picking up my daughter at daycare yesterday I had park 50 yards away and run through 6" of water in the road to get there. Down pours the whole time.

4. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Well 7 more days and the last 3 have sucked as I have been directed to not take any pain meds or noninflammatory meds including Ibuprofen, only can take Tylenol which is basically useless for me. The countdown is on after an interesting Pre-Op which apparently they spent some more time reviewing my X-ray's and MRI's and came to the conclusion that I have more calcium deposits that are abutting the original ones they found.

Originally they told me that they should be able to take care of everything through arthroscopic and I would only have 4 small dots left behind, now they say there is a good probability that I will also have an incision where they will cut the remaining bicep tendon and drill a hole to re-attach it. Well I am at the point whatever it takes as I am done with this level of pain and the lack of any decent quality of life. I have faith in the Surgeon and am ready to end this crap.

Interesting visitors this week to the backyard one of which stood up on his hind legs swatted the bird feeder had his little morsel, rubbed his belly on a tree before lumbering off into the woods behind the house. The other this morning I am not sure what kind of bird it is but certainly it is a bird of prey as we have an endless supply of chipmunks, squirrels, birds about the backyard. If anyone knows what this guy is I would be interested in knowing, we have Hawks that come through for a tasty treat on occasion but this is the first visit for this guy.
    Quite a few Hummingbirds this year frequent the feeder which I like a lot as I find them to be amazing birds to watch.

Hope all are well IMG_0642.jpg IMG_0643.jpg IMG_0644.jpg IMG_0717.JPEG IMG_0718.JPEG

5. CleanFire

CleanFire

That looks like a Northern Goshawk, nice pics Luney. Sucks you're still having that level of pain, keeping a good thought for you here & hoping the surgery is successful.

Northern Goshawk

savemoney, bogieb, imacman and 6 others like this.
  6. subsailor

subsailor

Called in sick again today and took the opportunity to replace the door gasket on my stove. This is the first time I have tried to do this. I was able to get the channel clean using a flat bladed screwdriver, a wire brush and a little elbow grease. Can anyone recommend a different tool that might work better than the screw driver? I was going to do the ash pan door today as well but the sun beating on my back was cooking me (I had the door on my picnic table). I'll do that door on my next sick day.

7. subsailor

subsailor

Did you rupture both biceps tendons? I ruptured one about 20 years ago and the doc wouldn't reattach it. Said I was too old and it was probably full of tendonitis and arthritis.

bogieb, imacman, IHATEPROPANE and 4 others like this.
  8. will711

will711

It might be a broad wing hawk also , but the more I look at it I think you are right Rob :cheers:

bogieb, imacman, IHATEPROPANE and 4 others like this.
  9. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Thanks CF twice for the ID and the well wishes appreciate it .
    I will have to get the original pics from the wife on the Bird as these were from a text she sent me, have to believe they are of better quality. Beautiful bird that is for sure.

bogieb, imacman, IHATEPROPANE and 3 others like this.
  10. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Don't know for sure Sub guess will find out after the surgery and he gets in there. Hoping he does all he can do while in there and asked the question of him and he assured me he was going to do everything that needed to be done.
    Know ill be back some day for the other one but hopefully this will take care of this one for a while and you can be sure I won't be as foolish in the future, just realized with this that yes I am getting old . Not that I won't be active as that is who I am but try to be less or a dumbarse in the future.
    I know I am loaded with arthritis just hope the tendinitis is not that bad.

savemoney, bogieb, imacman and 5 others like this.
  11. CleanFire

CleanFire

Greetings G,

Yep, used Shark Bite fittings when I replaced the water heater here, pretty slick product.

Ended up putting a thin coat of Dawn dish soap around the end of the pipe that slid in, made it easier to seat the pipe home in the fitting. Have used on both CPVC, and copper pipe - the fittings work equally well with either type of pipe.

savemoney, bogieb, imacman and 4 others like this.
  12. gbreda

gbreda

Thanks Rob. Got what I need and will get rid of the saddle valve over the next few weekends.

Hope you had a great birthday !!

CleanFire, bogieb, imacman and 4 others like this.
  13. savemoney

savemoney

two years ago I sold my truck. My problem is that I'm not able to climb up into a truck. I wife isn't able to climb in either. We owned it for 8 yrs. and drove it 10,000 miles total. Well, the truck is what we towed the camper with. Hadn't been camping for 4 years due to my knee injury. Shame to see the camper just sit there. So my older son approached me and ask about the camper. I was getting ready to sell it for whatever I could get from it. Not much when you consider it is 18 yrs. old. Long story short, I told him to come and get it. He took it home yesterday and today it is already on its way back to looking new again. He and his family should enjoy that for as long as they are willing to keep it up. I won't have to deal with it any longer. We bought it new and had a lot of good trips, but now it is just too much.
    trailer.png

subsailor, CleanFire, bogieb and 7 others like this.
  14. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Ain't I just cute?

15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

What a neat deal Larry, more family memories to made with it in your next generation :)

16. imacman

imacman

Cooper's hawk?

17. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

18. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Downright chilly here this morning. Love it!
    :D

savemoney, Rich250, imacman and 6 others like this.
  19. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

X2 Happy Birthday Rob!

20. CleanFire

CleanFire

Thanks Steve & TT ! :handshake:

It was an "interesting" day, storms rolled through on Tuesday, had the Main house breaker shutoff most of the morning / early afternoon, UPS equipment here is working fine. :) * Wasn't as bad here as you guys got down south, but was still "dicey" for several hours, when the front moved through.

Was under the house in the basement (crawlspace) for some of it, making sure the front gutter system / drainage system was working ok, checking out mechanicals, and prepping the install location(s) for the "Boiler Buddy" storage tank, and possible Amtrol indirect water tank install.

Whenever I'm down under the house working, it feels like a scene out of "Shawshank Redemption". Or "Escape from Alcatraz". Or "Amityville Horror".. It's a little scary down there. :rofl: :lol:

Getting a secondary heat source / radiant floor heat loop system under the main living room, bathroom, and downstairs bedroom for the upcoming season is now a priority: we got -killed- in electric costs last winter. Nov/Dec '17, Jan, Feb/March '18 were in excess of $1,000 total over, vs. expected.

Not much we could do about it: at (-20F) outside I needed to keep the heater on in the enclosed porch room to prevent freeze, and I wasn't about to tell the (3) ladies home not to run the electric space heaters in the living room & bedrooms, to stay comfortable. There's just too much "cold bleed" at floor level from the downstairs crawlspace. Usually running the FHA furnace would keep temps. at the floor moderated, but when it's that cold, it struggles also.

No regrets w/ staying warm, but that kinda coin buys a lot of pellets.. * With EverSource jacking the electric rates next month, and both ladies being back home post-college for the time being, I don't see costs going down anytime soon.

It was a good Birthday! Got to talk w/ friends and family, visit FHC, and I had a Smoothie.. or maybe three. :whistle:

:coldone: