The town has been busy cutting anything that could potentially fall. Today while picking up some of the results (pictured below: red maple and white pine) I heard someone pull off the road. The driver asked if I needed firewood. I figured he was going to try and sell me some. Turns out he's a logger who's clearing lots. He said if I wanted he'd set aside the unsaleable hardwood trunks for me to come and get. As the announcer on tv screams SCOOOOOORE! We'll see if it actually happens
That is pretty awesome. I wonder why he doesn't sell it to commercial firewood guys, or is this wood that they don't want? I suppose there are some species like elm they wouldn't be interested in. Tell us what you end up getting!
Good deal Buffalo, if he follows through. I recently made a contact like this and he's only reached out twice, one of those times I hauled a nice load. Good luck.
Town dropped a bunch across the street from my house. I took as much as I could back in April/May. Too thick to go back for the rest and I saw some PI so I will wait til late fall or even next spring Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have PI covered wood between your ears?! (don't let your wife see that post) Hawdah of the year nomination right here boys!
A lot of the commercial guys only want certain size logs, it won't go thru the processor. Or what he may be leaving is the butt chunks or hollow pieces.