In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Made a good contact today

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Buffalo Plaid, Jul 14, 2018.

  1. Buffalo Plaid

    Buffalo Plaid

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2017
    Messages:
    312
    Likes Received:
    2,493
    Location:
    Pepperell, MA
    The town has been busy cutting anything that could potentially fall. Today while picking up some of the results (pictured below: red maple and white pine) I heard someone pull off the road. The driver asked if I needed firewood. I figured he was going to try and sell me some. Turns out he's a logger who's clearing lots. He said if I wanted he'd set aside the unsaleable hardwood trunks for me to come and get.
    As the announcer on tv screams SCOOOOOORE!
    We'll see if it actually happens
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,982
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    Nice. :thumbs:

    Right place, right time.:cool:
     
  3. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    That is pretty awesome. I wonder why he doesn't sell it to commercial firewood guys, or is this wood that they don't want?
    I suppose there are some species like elm they wouldn't be interested in. Tell us what you end up getting!
     
  4. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,120
    Likes Received:
    163,232
    Location:
    NE Ohio
     
  5. Mwalsh9152

    Mwalsh9152

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5,325
    Likes Received:
    38,830
    Location:
    Pelham NH
  6. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Great. Hope he comes through for you!
     
  7. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    It doesn't get much better than this when the come to you asking if you want some wood!
     
  8. Mwalsh9152

    Mwalsh9152

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5,325
    Likes Received:
    38,830
    Location:
    Pelham NH
    Unless you're in the men's room at a truck stop
     
    GrJfer, milleo, iBob and 12 others like this.
  9. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    :eek:

    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

    :picard:
     
  10. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    X2

    :rofl: :lol:

     
  11. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,857
    Likes Received:
    121,415
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Good deal Buffalo, if he follows through. I recently made a contact like this and he's only reached out twice, one of those times I hauled a nice load. Good luck.
     
    Eric VW, amateur cutter, Chaz and 5 others like this.
  12. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,630
    Location:
    Vermont
    A potential you suck!! I hope you get several;)
     
  13. mirnldi

    mirnldi

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2017
    Messages:
    429
    Likes Received:
    2,156
    Location:
    Ct
    Town dropped a bunch across the street from my house. I took as much as I could back in April/May. Too thick to go back for the rest and I saw some PI so I will wait til late fall or even next spring


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
    Eric VW, amateur cutter, Chaz and 4 others like this.
  14. Buffalo Plaid

    Buffalo Plaid

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2017
    Messages:
    312
    Likes Received:
    2,493
    Location:
    Pepperell, MA
    I hear you about the PI. There's some nice ash on the ground enveloped in it.
     
  15. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Several You sucks?
    or several loads of wood?:whistle:

    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

    ;)
     
  16. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Yikes!:hair:
     
  17. Mwalsh9152

    Mwalsh9152

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5,325
    Likes Received:
    38,830
    Location:
    Pelham NH
    I have several trees in the wood bank between my ears waiting for the PI leaves to drop.
     
  18. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,120
    Likes Received:
    163,232
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    You have PI covered wood between your ears?! :eek: (don't let your wife see that post)
    Hawdah of the year nomination right here boys! :salute:
     
  19. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,503
    Likes Received:
    188,814
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    Both:rofl: :lol::thumbs:
     
  20. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,503
    Likes Received:
    188,814
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    A lot of the commercial guys only want certain size logs, it won't go thru the processor. Or what he may be leaving is the butt chunks or hollow pieces.