In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Amateur Film Making

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by Grizzly Adam, Mar 16, 2014.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Sinngetreu and I have been having a good conversation about film making and I thought it would make a good topic for the open forum. Specifically, we have been discussing lighting, backdrops, cameras and software. Anyone else have an interest? We can all learn from each other.
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  2. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    Worked for a show 20 years ago. Again, that was 20 years ago. :)
     
  3. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    And what did you learn?
     
  4. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    How to salsa. Lol. Seriously. Most of the programs were either live tv or radio so I learned to go with it. There was a host that interviewed various guests during the show. "How to" and "help" segments were included as well.

    I am no expert. It was fun on the side.
     
    Grizzly Adam likes this.
  5. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Ok, now we've got to see the salsa video!
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  6. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    This is a family site and we don't want to scare the children! :p
     
    HoneyFuzz and Grizzly Adam like this.
  7. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Ordered some lenses that fit my phones and iPad, to try to help fake more room space than I actually have. 2x, 9x, macro, wide angle, and fisheye. Wide angle and the zooms will like get the most use. But that fish eye is so cool! image.jpg
     
    HoneyFuzz and Daryl like this.
  8. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    When I stopped playing music fer a living, waaaaay back in 1981, my bride and I ended up with a large concert lighting system. We did lighting shows on the side for different groups. Did some theatre work. Even did the lighting at 2 Alfond Arena ice shows in Orono. Lotta work. At least we could drive our truck right on the ice to set up the 4 lighting grids.

    Anywho Grizz… years later, I ended up with 4 new par 64 wide flood stage lights… 2 are 500 watts, 2 are 1000 watts. You'll need sunglasses staring into all 4 … :cool: PM me if you're interested in em.
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  9. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Hey that sounds cool, PM about to be on it's way.
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  10. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    I cant wait to see what transpires !!
     
  11. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I put my lasted offering up last night, I think you were in the PM I sent a while back with a link.
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  12. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    Ill check it out !!
     
    Grizzly Adam likes this.