Low grade yellow cedar logs - no commercial value. Taking the wood to Grannies in Alert Bay. Five rows of yellow cedar so far. Cannot stack on pallets as the ground is too uneven with roots running through it.
Too late now, but I put bricks and cinder blocks under my pallets to get them up off the ground and to level them for stacking. Will get a pic when I get a chance. Small investment to ensure sturdy stacks that are up off the ground... nice haul!!! That should certainly satisfy the jetstream for a while...
Nice haul. I dunno why but I love seeing squared splits cross stacked on the ends. Must be my inner firewood nerd.
Very nice Allan. No commercial value there but great homeowner value indeed. And that has to be sweet being able to get right next to those logs to buck and split. No limbing to tackle either! Nice. Stacking like you do is understandable. You might still consider laying 2 rows the length of the pile just using splits than stacking on top of those. Should be able to work around the roots that way.