In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

More work to do

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Backwoods Savage, May 7, 2018.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,153
    Location:
    Central MI
    This pile was leaning badly to the right along with leaning on the end. I did push it back a bit hoping it would not fall. But it does have to be re-stacked. There are a couple others that need a little help but it will be easy.

    101_0174.JPG 101_0175.JPG
     
  2. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,835
    Likes Received:
    114,681
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Have you reviewed the gtg pictures to figure out who needs to go to remedial stacking and cribbing classes?

    Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
     
    Hammy, leoht, FatBoy85 and 15 others like this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,153
    Location:
    Central MI
    No. :rofl: :lol: I was surprised when I went back there and saw all the wood stacked. They did fine.
     
    Hammy, leoht, amateur cutter and 12 others like this.
  4. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,477
    Likes Received:
    113,732
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Nothing a few fence post won’t take care of....:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  5. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,554
    Location:
    US
    Or restacked on pallets :D:eek:
    :rofl: :lol:
     
    Hammy, leoht, FatBoy85 and 10 others like this.
  6. Nitrodave

    Nitrodave

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2014
    Messages:
    1,083
    Likes Received:
    7,444
    Location:
    Grayling Mi.
    That might be one of my stacks.....that's why I use bins.... Lol
     
  7. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,632
    Likes Received:
    130,542
    Location:
    Vermont
    Here I was thinking a gentle push from kubota would fix it;)
     
  8. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,153
    Location:
    Central MI
    No. On logs.
     
    leoht, FatBoy85, Maina and 6 others like this.
  9. NH mountain man

    NH mountain man

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    37,833
    Location:
    WMNF N.H.
    I knew that was coming.:rofl: :lol: They're probably leaning cause someone split them the wrong way (horizontal) before stacking. Maybe one of your helpers Dennis? :whistle:
     
    leoht, FatBoy85, Maina and 10 others like this.
  10. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,644
    Likes Received:
    144,582
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
  11. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,709
    Likes Received:
    224,318
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Drink after the work is done!
     
  12. Marshel54

    Marshel54

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2016
    Messages:
    1,663
    Likes Received:
    12,913
    Location:
    Ohio
    Don't know whom stacked the 2 rows in the foreground, but the 4 in the background were stacked by our professional stacker. I won't tell. :p I know this because I questioned him about the 1 1/2" difference in the dia. of the base logs. He said, "It'll be ok." Low and behold the final stack was beautiful.
     
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    leoht, NH mountain man, Maina and 7 others like this.
  13. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,477
    Likes Received:
    113,732
    Location:
    KC Metro
    There was a professional stacker in our presence???? :binoculars:... the only professionals that I knew was around the fire ring at night...:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
    Chaz, Backwoods Savage, leoht and 6 others like this.
  14. Marshel54

    Marshel54

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2016
    Messages:
    1,663
    Likes Received:
    12,913
    Location:
    Ohio
    Yes there was and he was around the campfire also. It is up to you to figure out who he is but, he makes walt proof stacks.
     
    Chaz, Backwoods Savage, leoht and 6 others like this.
  15. FatBoy85

    FatBoy85

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2017
    Messages:
    6,611
    Likes Received:
    25,253
    Location:
    Washington State
    That might help haha!