In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

And I lived to tell about it...

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Backwoods Savage, Apr 25, 2018.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    Not sure what came over me today but to set the stage, quite often my wife and I have 2-way radios so we can keep in contact, like if I'm outdoors and need help I can all or vice versa.

    Okay, so this afternoon I had to come into the house for something. Wife is busy and washer is running so making a little noise. Suddenly something just came over me and I got on the 2-way and told her I was out by the mailbox and had fell down. Could she come quickly. "I'll be right there!" said she.

    Well, I didn't have the heart to let her go out there as it is over 100 yards to the mailbox and besides, she was really busy. I caught her before she left the house. But let me tell you, she was, well, what you might call a bit upset and the words that came from her mouth were, well, something I could not post here as this is a family forum.

    I'm still here but the rest of the day could be interesting.
     
    Stephiedoll, UncleJoe, Maina and 21 others like this.
  2. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,979
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    I remember a story once about a shepherd boy and a wolf.

    Hmm how did that one go?:sherlock:
     
    Maina, leoht, Screwloose and 19 others like this.
  3. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,637
    Likes Received:
    130,584
    Location:
    Vermont
    You think she will get over that in one day? :sherlock::heidi: Good luck:faint:
     
    Maina, leoht, Screwloose and 15 others like this.
  4. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,841
    Likes Received:
    114,730
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    GTG withdrawal

    Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
     
    Maina, leoht, Screwloose and 13 others like this.
  5. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
  6. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
  7. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    I bet laughing out loud was your first thought, but ducking out of the way was the actual response :D:rofl: :lol:

    Poor Judy.... now then, will the real Ornery One please stand up!!!
    That is if you’re not still sore from getting :heidi:

    :rofl: :lol:
     
    Maina, leoht, Screwloose and 17 others like this.
  8. Marshel54

    Marshel54

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2016
    Messages:
    1,663
    Likes Received:
    12,913
    Location:
    Ohio
    I'd guess Judy's dissertation didn't include the word "Honey".
    You did have me concerned at first. Maybe return the saw and get yourself one of those "Help. I've fallen...." buttons. :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
    Maina, leoht, Screwloose and 11 others like this.
  9. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,113
    Likes Received:
    163,184
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Kinda what I was thinking too :D
     
    Maina, leoht, Screwloose and 9 others like this.
  10. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,278
    Likes Received:
    58,476
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH

    Truth Brother!
     
    Maina, leoht, Screwloose and 8 others like this.
  11. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    You know what they say "paybacks are a b__ch"
     
    Maina, leoht, Screwloose and 8 others like this.
  12. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,979
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    And they never forget!!
     
    Maina, leoht, Eric VW and 7 others like this.
  13. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Dennis, Dennis, Dennis... :picard:... :rofl: :lol:
     
    Chris F, Maina, leoht and 10 others like this.
  14. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,347
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    "This has been a test. If it had been an actual emergency...."


    Dennis, Dennis, Dennis! :picard:

    Why in the name of Pete would you think of doing something like that? :whistle:

    Tell "the ornery one" she can use any frying pan she likes!
     
    Maina, leoht, Eric VW and 8 others like this.
  15. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    Well, one thing is for certain, Dennis.....she loves ya and I'm sure she was genuinely worried about your call for help.

    But she ain't gonna show you no love for a lil' while after that stunt!

    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
    Maina, yooperdave, leoht and 10 others like this.
  16. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    All is well here fellas. However, I keep hearing these threats... Have to be careful when showering. She likes to get even with cold water thrown when I'm in the shower. Sort of wakes you up but then she knows I can chase too!
     
    Maina, leoht, Eric VW and 10 others like this.
  17. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Dennis, without a doubt....................you are a amazing man.........................:rofl: :lol::thumbs::rofl: :lol:
     
  18. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
  19. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Judy might pull the batteries out of your radio if that happens again !:heidi:
     
  20. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    If the situation were reversed, what would your reaction be???