I went to the woods today to cut some fire wood. Anyone want to wash my tractor, sharpen the saw chains? Dang it is sure muddy. Al
Shoot, ya barely got any war paint on that ‘Bota.... What I’m wonderin’ is where all the farwood pics at?
Well it is getting to that nice Bota stage. Need to find some type of plug for that overly large loader frame hole. just begging me to put the log chains there instead of the running boards. In case you didn't notice I have up and down hills to get around on. Al
up and down hills is fine as long as the proper orientation is maintained. Easy to get sideways in the slippery stuff- then all h breaks loose very quickly. Last fall, after a bunch of rain friend was moving dirt, on the down slope could not stop , fixed that with the bucket but he could not get any purchase to back up the incline. The little back hoe on his rig wasn't any help either in tying to get up the incline, he was starting to turn sideways. So I got the call of desperation. Tossed the chains in the truck and some short 2x4's , I knew they lay of the land and that I would have to run the chains around one or more trees to pull him out . 2x4's were to protect the tree trunks some what from the chains. I needed a straight pull on the tractor, but could only run the truck at 90 degs to that pull. No trees damaged, all ended well ( one of those 12k winches and a couple blocks would have been real handy about then)