In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Been MIA got a two sweet scores lined up

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by basod, Mar 26, 2014.

  1. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Hey guys been busy with work the shutdown season and all.
    Saw my neighbor dropped and topped some oaks for a new fence line - both red oaks they are mine!!!
    One of the contractors I sub for outage work lives ~3miles from my house and just had 60acres of hardwoods cut all tops/culls are free for the taking so I juts shortened Ole Blue's drive radius when it wakes from it's winter nap.

    I used to hoard in March but for availability purposes moved maintenance outages from April to March - sucks cause of the warmer temps but it was 23F here this morning and I got woke up @2am after working a 14hr day yesterday to fire up the units not in outage...maybe I can retire someday and just cut firewood
     
    Loon, blujacket, Mitch Newton and 4 others like this.
  2. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Sounds like two nice scores!
     
  3. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Sweet
     
  4. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    Got yourself some work!