I finally received the confirmation letter from Uncle Sam that the death taxes have been paid in full. My land is paid for, 3 more loans and we're debt free.
Thanks! Its weird, I thought it would make me feel different but it hasn't. Maybe I'll notice when payment time rolls around.
Way to go! I have one small loan left and I'll be debt free for the first time in 25 years. It seems that everything else is so expensive now the money will still have a place to go.
I bet it's a great feeling! Yea it'll settle in when the payment should've been due. We just re-financed the house to a 15yr loan with a lower rate. Knocked 6yrs off the original loan and it's actually a lower payment. We're throwing whatever extra $$ we can afford each month towards the principal and hoping to have it paid off in less that 10.
Just did the same thing.. Congrats bro... It will feel good soon enough. That money will slowly build. Reinvest in something worthwhile.
I did the same withteh mortgage 2 yrs or so ago. The escrow for taxes and insurance is more than the payment. I'll have it knocked out in a few more years. Its got to be a good feeling for sure.